AAP: Mixed Results in August Give No Hint to Yearly Trends
- Net College Sales Jump 23.5%, Pushing YTD Sales To $438 Million. // Educational Marketer;8/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p6
Focuses on the increase in the net sales of college publishers in June 2004, according to the Association of American Publishers. Projection of a net sales growth of the industry for the year.
- AAP: Adult Hardcover Sales Still Down; Business Up Overall. // Book Publishing Report;9/18/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p4
The article reports on the increase in the overall net sales for eight major book categories in July, despite the decreased sales in adult hardcover. According to a latest monthly report from the Association of American Publishers, a 21.3% increase was accounted, reaching $378.3 million compared...
- The Slump in Books. // New Republic;8/19/46, Vol. 115 Issue 7, p206
Focuses on decline in the book-publishing business of the U.S. Sales figures for book stores and book departments; Difference in the sales of books in various bookstores; Dependence of bookstores on their large inventories; Factors responsible for the decline in the reprint business; Benefits of...
- Publisher Scorecards Year-End 2004: Children's Lists. // Book Publishing Report;1/24/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p5
Presents a chart depicting the 2004 Children's Chapter/Paperback/Picture Bestsellers by publisher in the U.S.
- What's Behind Religion's Fall From (Sales) Grace? Garrett, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;7/27/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 30, p18
The article discusses the decline in sales of books about religion in the U.S. It relates that the sales of religious books suffered a 10% decline in 2008 and will post a decline of 4% in 2009, according to figures from the Book Industry Study Group (BISG). Information is presented on the new...
- Need to Know. // Book Links;Mar2009, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p61
The article offers updates related to children's literature publishing in the U.S. The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) has revealed the 2009 AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prizes for Excellence in Science Books. The Ezra Jack Keats Foundation is seeking for grant proposals for...
- Scholastic Successes. // Book Publishing Report;9/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p3
Presents a list of successful children's book published by Scholastic Corp. in the U.S. "Children of the Lamp"; "Dragon Rider"; "Charlie Bone and the Invisible Boy".
- HarperCollins Again Leads Children's Book Bestsellers. // Book Publishing Report;4/19/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p7
Assesses the 2004 children's book industry in the U.S. Success of HarperCollins to stay atop other publishers in children's market; Description of books included in the New York Times bestsellers list; Publication of the three big hit books from Scholastic Inc.
- World Almanac Expanding Kids Line; Aims at Wikipedia. // Book Publishing Report;7/10/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p4
The article reports that the reference publisher World Almanac Books in New York will be introducing its latest book titled "Yo! I Know, Brain-Building Quizzes" which is intended to increase its "World Almanac for Kids" line. Editorial director Zoe Kashner stated that they are optimistic that...