Military Chief Calls For New Elections
- Thailand: Stand-Off Approaching A Climax? // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/1/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p7
An economic outlook for Thailand for 2009 is presented. Army chief Anupong Paochinda has called for the government to step down and for a snap election to be held. He has also encouraged the People's Alliance for Democracy to withdraw from the main international airport. Political woes are...
- THAILAND. // Pocket World in Figures 2008;2008, p224
Several tables are presented that depict the country profile of Thailand including geography, people and employment structure.
- Thailand Braced For More Political Turmoil. Clouse, Thomas // Global Finance;Jun2011, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p9
The article reports that a royal decree has been released in Thailand, which calls for an election on July 3, 2011, in which the red shirts will be represented by the Puea Thai Party, while the yellow shirts are being represented by Prime Minister (PM) Abhisit Vejjajiva and his Democratic Party.
- Grading Romney. Roarty, Alex; Khan, Naureen; Bell, Peter // National Journal;7/21/2012, p20
Statistics are presented from a survey of how the campaign of Mitt Romney is going since winning the nomination and whether attacking Romney's record at Bain Capital is effective for Democrats.
- Politics and Government Policies that Affected Royal Thai Army's Underground Operation. Sriviboon, Chutikarn // Batumi International Conference on Law & Politics;2015, p337
The purposes of this study were to examine the preparation for the future of Royal Thai Army's Underground Operations that affected by politics and government policies. This study was a mix technique of both quantitative and qualitative method. The study was conducted by utilizing qualitative...
- General's Ambitions Could Raise Tensions. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2007, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p1
The article focuses on the political aspiration of General Sonthi Boonyaratglin, Thailand's Army Commander and Chairman of the Council for National Security. According to the author, Boonyaratglin's leadership in the coupd'etat against Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has three reasons,...
- Thai Electoral Campaigning: Vote-Canvassing Networks and Hybrid Voting. Chattharakul, Anyarat // Journal of Current Southeast Asian Affairs;2010, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p67
Based on evidence gathered through participant observation, this article illuminates the nature of vote-canvassing, previously a black box in Thai electoral studies. Offering a close-up study of the internal mechanisms of an individual Thai election campaign, this article reveals that...
- MILITARY AIRCRAFT ORDERS. // Aviation News;Dec2015, p14
A chart is presented that lists several military aircraft orders of national armed forces including Cameroon Air Force, Chilean Navy, and Royal Thai Army.
- Thailand: Risk Of Election Delay. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/21/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p9
The article discusses issues concerning the possible postponement of elections on October 15, 2006 in Thailand. The reasons behind the possible postponement include the selection of new election commissioners and restructure the Election Commission. It projects that any delay in elections would...