SBV: Focus On Growth
- Hanoi market. Bayer, Alexei // Treasury & Risk Management;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p21
Reports that the first interbank market to trade Vietnamese dongs has been set up in Hanoi, Vietnam. Regulation of the market by the State Bank of Vietnam.
- Private foreign exchange outlets closed down. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Sep95, p12
Reports on the closure of private foreign exchange outlets in Vietnam by the State Bank of Vietnam. Reasons for the closure of the outlets.
- Vietnamese Government treasury bills launched. // Asian Business Review;Aug95, p58
Reports on the launching of Vietnamese's first market for government treasury bills with four foreign commercial banks licensed to participate. Announcement of State Bank of Vietnam's plans to auction treasury bills according to AP-Dow Jones; Reselling of treasury bills by the purchasing banks...
- The region: Vietnam. // Asian Business Review;Oct96, p15
Presents business-related news items for the month of November 1996, in and around Vietnam. State Bank of Vietnam's lowering of ceiling lending rate; Daewoo's winning of a contract to build a highway between Ho Chi Minh City and the port city of Vung Tao.
- Nigeria: Still Waiting For More Lending. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/7/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p20
The article reports on the outlook for bank lending in Nigeria in 2011. According to analysts at Business Monitor International (BMI), the anticipated recovery in lending has yet to take shape although the country's banking sector is well beyond the crisis. They also believe that the incentives...
- Stupid bankers. Preece, Howard // Finweek;2/12/2009, p49
The author comments on the banking and financial crisis in the middle of the worsening economic condition in South Africa. He pointed out the country's financial crisis in the global economy, which involves poor ability and critical failing of the country's large commercial banks and the...
- Government To Allow Dong Depreciation In 2008-09. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Dec2008, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the exchange-rate policy of depreciating Vietnamese dong to boost the export sector, which is at risk from a slowdown in U.S. demand. It states that while growth concerns will dominate the State Bank of Vietnam's (SBV) exchange-rate policy in 2009, it is believed monetary...
- VND: Government To Allow Dong Depreciation In 2008-2009. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/27/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p10
The article offers an outlook on the Vietnamese dong for 2008-2009. The State Bank of Vietnam's exchange-rate policy of depreciating the dong to boost the export sector may return. It expects Hanoi to to effect a shift of monetary policy away from managing the currency towards...
- Economic Policy: Monetary Policy - Recent Developments. // Vietnam Country Monitor;Jan2012, p12
The article focuses on the trend and development of monetary policy in Vietnam. It highlights the monetary tightening in February-May 2011 due to rising inflation. It cites the decision of the State Bank of Vietnam increase the interest rate by 200-basis-point on February 2011. It notes that the...