The power to implement wind power
- Dyneema fibre to bring in winds of change on clean energy. // Indian Textile Journal;Aug2010, Vol. 120 Issue 11, p103
This article focuses on the use of DyneemaÂ® ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene fibre in an offshore wind farm project in England. The Greater Gabbard wind farm is scheduled for completion in 2012. The safety department of Verbrugge Zeeland Terminal wanted a system with better ergonomics...
- A head for heights. // International Cranes & Specialized Transport;Nov2014, p21
The article reports on the use of Terex Boom Booster capacity enhancement system with Terex CC 800-1 crawler cranes by the lift and transport service provider Sarens for the installment of wind turbines at Noordoostpolder wind farm in Netherlands. Topics discussed include the features of the...
- Mammoet part of $80 million Dutch wind farm contract. // International Cranes & Specialized Transport;Aug2014, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p9
The article reports that Dutch construction and infrastructure firm Ballast Nedam NV and heavy lifting and transport machinery manufacturer Mammoet have awarded a 60 million euros contract to erect the Westermeerwind offshore wind farm in Ijsselmeer, the Netherlands.
- Wind Generator Plant Coming to Kansas. // Assembly;Jun2009, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the construction of a wind generator plant by Siemens Energy in Hutchinson, Kansas. Aside from the plant, the firm plans to build a service and repair facility, which, together with the plant, is expected to employ about 400 people. Peter Loscher of Siemens AG states that...
- SNOWTOWN WIND FARM STAGE II. // EcoGeneration;Apr2015, Issue 87, p28
The article offers information on the Snowtown Wind Farm Stage II construction project that ws first commissioned in September 2008 in South Australia. Information regarding the project's power energy generation, transportation of construction equipment such as blades, wind turbine nacelles, and...
- Wind farm might be operational this year. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);2/5/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
The article reports that the first wind farm of the Donley County, Texas, will be operating by the end of 2009 as Nacel Energy Corp. and the Naylor family have already made an agreement regarding the development of the same.
- Romania, Europe's largest wind farm? // Modern Power Systems;Oct2010, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p47
The article reports on the impact of the construction of the Fantanele-Cogealac wind power plant in European countries such as Scotland and Romania.
- State wind projects take flight in 2012. Arens, Curt // Nebraska Farmer;Oct2012, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p100
The article offers information on the construction of two wind farms in Nebraska, such as the Broken Bow and Crofton Bluffs wind farms. INSET: Wind is important source of energy.
- Fukushima wind in 2nd phase. // Modern Power Systems;Jul2014, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p5
The article reports that the Fukushima Recovery and Floating Offshore Wind Farm Experimental Project, sponsored by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry in Japan has successfully completed its second phase on June 11, 2014.