APUs now exempt from federal excise tax
- Excise tax on rum could be trimmed. // Caribbean Business;12/11/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 49, p17
Reports on the proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush to extend the excise tax on rum entering the U.S. Collection of tax on rum from the Puerto Rico; Lobbying efforts of the Puerto Rico Conservation Trust; Increase on the rum excise tax.
- Ad tax danger resurfaces, this time in Texas. Teinowitz, Ira // Advertising Age;4/29/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 18, p17
The article reports on the plan of the state of Texas to impose a sales tax on advertising media in light of Texas Governor George W. Bush's position against a state income tax. The areas of sales tax gains included advertising, newspapers and magazine subscriptions. A similar advertising tax...
- Energy Bill agreement remains elusive. // National Petroleum News;Dec2003, Vol. 95 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the status of a comprehensive Energy Bill in the U.S. Promise of Republican negotiators to release the actual wording of the final bill; Impasse between several senators over reform of the excise tax on ethanol and other renewable fuel issues; Call issued by President George W. Bush...
- A Real Stinker. Collogan, David // Business & Commercial Aviation;Apr2007, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p93
This article comments on the Next Generation Air Transportation System Financing Reform Act of 2007 proposed by the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush. The author cites that the bill would dismantle an efficient and fraud-free system of excise taxes. Instead, according to the...
- APUs now exempt from federal excise tax. // Refrigerated Transporter;Nov2008, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the exemption of auxiliary power units (APUs) to the 12 percent federal excise tax (FET) headed by the National Automobile Dealers Association and the American Truck Dealers (ATD). Signed recently by the President, the new law is enforce to sales or installations of APUs...
- Senate Democratic leaders lash out at Bush Iraq policy. Tiron, Roxana // Hill;5/8/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 53, p6
The article reports on the move of U.S. Senate Democratic leaders to lash out the Iraq policy of President George Bush's administration due to the impact of the prolonged deployments of military officials on the state of Kansas of National Guard forces.
- US Ready For Action. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p1
Reports that the U.S. is gearing up for war, with or without international support. Comments from U.S. President George W. Bush which appear to increase the risks of what BMI has identified as a highly worrying scenario; Performance of the ISE-100 Share Index in Turkey.
- A Tale of Three Cities. Griffiths, Eldon // Orange County Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p55
Comments on U.S. president George W. Bush's trip to Europe, and presents the personal reminiscences of places visited by the author. Author's memories of Cracow, Saint Petersburg and Evian-les-Bains in France as a journalist; His view that Bush's penchant for referring to two halves of the...
- Bush's surprisingly good start. Sperling, Godfrey // Christian Science Monitor;1/16/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 35, p11
Commends United States president-elect George W. Bush on actions before his inauguration, and discusses the outlook for his presidential administration.