Volvo Group coordinates BioDME project
- Going for the burn. Dixon, Oliver // Commercial Motor;7/25/2013, Vol. 220 Issue 5545, p45
The article reports that automobile company Volvo will produce dimethyl ether (DME)-powered trucks and will offer its D13 engine in 2015. It says that the company has been trialing DME as an alternative fuel which it scored as having the greatest long-term potential. It adds that DME does not...
- TopsÃ¸e Launches First Plant to Make DME from Biomass. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;9/22/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 29, p17
The article reports on the decision of catalyst and technology supplier Haldor TopsÃ¸e to join six other companies to establish the first plant that will produce the fuel dimethyl ether (DME) from waste biomass. TopsÃ¸e and Chemrec will jointly build and design the plant next to the Smurfit...
- Call for Serious Consideration of DME as Attractive Low-Carbon Biofuel for North America. White, Rob // Automotive Industries;Dec2009, Vol. 189 Issue 12, p44
The article reports that according to Richard J. LeBlanc, chief executive officer (CEO) of Chemrec AB, there should be more efforts to promote the benefits of dimethyl ether (DME) throughout North America. He was speaking during the 2009 World Methanol Conference in Miami, Florida. He said that...
- Delphi to provide sensor technology for Volvo S60. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;May/Jun2009, p16
The article announces that Delphi has been selected to provide sensor technology for the Volvo S-60 which will be available in middle 2010. Delphi will supply Volvo with adaptive cruise control and a collision warning and mitigating system with full automatic breaking which will be integrated in...
- Volvo, Mack debut alt-fuel trucks. // Overdrive;Jul2013, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p81
The article reports that the automobile manufacturing firms AB Volvo and Mack Trucks Inc. have revealed their plans to launch dimethyl ether-powered trucks in 2015 and mentions that the DME-powered Pinnacle truck from Mach will be equipped with the 13-liter MP8 engine.
- Volvo halts development of its own natgas engines in North America. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;10/2/2014, p1
The article reports that Volvo Trucks, a global truck manufacturing brand owned by the manufacturing company AB Volvo, has stopped the development of its own compression ignition liquefied natural gas engine in North America. The company, however, will continue the field testing of its dimethyl...
- Volvo thinks inside the Xbox. // Automotive News;11/21/2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6177, p6
This article presents news briefs related to the automobile industry in the U.S. Last week Volvo AB launched the video game "Volvo Drive for Life." The game features Volvo S40 and S60 cars and the XC90 sport wagon. Volvo says it hopes the game, developed jointly with Microsoft Corp., educates...
- Olsson outlines plans to re-energize Volvo. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;08/14/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the process that is aimed at preparing automobile maker, Volvo AB for dramatic growth in the near future. Goals by 2004; Plan for employees and dealers; Information on Volvo's S60 sedans.
- VIKING HERITAGE. VAUGHN, MARK // AutoWeek;6/3/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p26
Highlights the 75th anniversary of automobile company Volvo AB. Presentation of the ocean racing; Comments from Helge Alten, managing director of the Ocean Race; Participation of the Volvo Club of America.