'09 Class 8 market revised down by 76,000 units
- Class 8 pre-buy boosts 2009 truck demand. Wilson, Charles E. // Bulk Transporter;Nov2009, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p6
The author discusses the increasing demand for Class 8 truck models in the U.S. He states that 2010 engines require tighter emission requirements formulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). According to FTR Associates president Eric Starks, the order activity signifies the consumer...
- in brief. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jun2008, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p40
This section offers news briefs on trucking finance in the U.S. as of June 2008. A website was developed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to assist owner-operators with financing for SmartWay-approved technologies to save fuel and reduce pollution. Wright Express Corp. announced the...
- Proposed EPA rule could raise engine prices. // Overdrive;Mar97, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p20
Highlights the impact of a US Environmental Protection Agency proposal to change the definition of `useful engine life' on truck engine prices. Need for manufacturers to do testing to prove durability for each engine type; Passing of cost to customers.
- Getting Smart: 68 truck tires make grade for EPA's SmartWay program. // Tire Business;3/29/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p12
The article informs that the number of truck tires verified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as implementing its SmartWay Transport Partnership energy-efficient product targets has reached to 68, from eight manufacturers.
- 1995 EPA mileage report. // Automotive News;10/10/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5573, Insight p12i
Lists the Environmental Protection Agency's mileage ratings for different truck models. Small pickup trucks; Standard two-wheel and four-wheel drive trucks; Vans cargo; Vans passenger; Special two-wheel and four-wheel purpose vehicles; Special purpose vehicles/cab chassis.
- EPA deal raises engine performance questions. Heine, Max // Overdrive;Dec98, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on the emissions agreement which the diesel engine makers reached with the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Impact of the agreement on trucks performance; Approch for meeting EPA's accelerated deadlines on nitrogen oxide emissions; Companies which agreed on the...
- SHORT HAULS. // Overdrive;Dec2002, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p17
Reports developments related to trucking industry in the U.S. as of December 2002. Acquisition of travel centers from the Williams Co. by Pilot Travel Centers; Outreach program of the American Trucking Association; Certification received by the Detroit Diesel Corp. by the U.S. Environmental...
- Hankook tires receive SmartWay verification. // Fleet Owner Blog;6/12/2013, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency SmartWay Technology Program has verified five tires from the Aurora brand of truck and bus radial products manufactured by Hankook Tires.
- Trucking industry nervous about safety, EPA regs. Groenenberg, Wyoma // Wyoming Business Report;Aug2010, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p13
The article focuses on the impact of the economic downturn in the U.S. on trucking companies in Wyoming. According to Sheila D. Foertsch, managing director of the Wyoming Trucking Association, Inc., trucking companies that serve the oil and gas industry were the first to experience the impact of...