Promotions Shape New Editorial Team At Recently Formed Bookspan
- Wilhelm Named to Head BOMC-Doubleday Venture. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/6/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the appointment of Markus Wilhelm, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Doubleday Direct, as CEO of the formed book club created through the merger of Bertelsmann's Doubleday Direct subsidiary and Time Warner's Book-of-the-Month Club. When the appointment was announced;...
- Parker to Head Joint Book Club. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/27/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 13, p14
Reports that Mel Parker, editor-in-chief and senior vice-president of the Book-of-the-Month Club, has been named to direct the editorial operations of the joint book club venture between BOMC and Doubleday Direct. Overview of the joint venture; Brief career background of Parker.
- Can the clubs survive? Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Nov2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the establishment of BookSpan, a joint venture between Book of the Month Club (BMOC) and Doubleday Direct in Canada. Finalization of the operating structure of the joint venture by BMOC owner Time Warner; Concept behind the move; Role of BookSpan in reinvigorating the book club concept.
- BOMC, Doubleday Direct To Form Joint Venture. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/20/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 51, p9
Reports on the merger of Book-of-the-Month Club company and Doubleday Direct company. Reason for the merger; Level of competition in the United States book publishing industry. Details on the merger deal; Prospect for the merged company.
- BOMC's Lowenthal at post at Crown. // Publishers Weekly;4/12/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 15, p10
Reports on the appointment of Linda Lowenthal as vice president and director of the Quality Paperback division of the firm, Book of the Month Club.
- Old standbys. Nathan, Paul // Publishers Weekly;7/5/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 27, p40
Announces on Stephen King's stay with the Book of the Month Club. Length of negotiations; Number of King titles BOMC has; BOMC's acquisition of Herman Wouk's `The Hope'.
- BOMC drops editorial board; Fadiman named advisor. Reid, Calvin; Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;7/11/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 28, p10
Reports on the dissolution of the Book-of-the-Month Club's editorial board. Announcement by editor-in-chief Tracy Brown; Reasons for dissolving the board; Appointment of Clifton Fadiman as chief editorial advisor of the company; Functions and responsibilities of the editorial board; Reaction of...
- Thornton, Sansone, Winecoff also leaving BOMC. Reid, Calvin; Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/11/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 41, p9
Reports on John Thornton, Jill Sansone and Charles Winecoff's departure from Book-of-the-Month-Club (BOMC). Positions held; Reason for leaving.
- BOMC launches new religion club. Tickle, Phyllis // Publishers Weekly;8/7/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 32, p308
Cites Book-of-the-Month Club's (BOMC) launching of One Spirit, a book club for religious materials. Presentation of works from every faith; Linda Loewenthal as the club's director.