Retailers Say Clicks-And-Bricks Strategy Works For Audiobooks Too
- Audiobook store of the near future is bigger, better-and not so hard to find. // Book Publishing Report;12/13/99, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the expansion plans of audiobook retailers Earful of Books and Talking Book World in the United States. Plans of the retailers to open more audiobook stores in the country; Financial performance of the audiobook retailers; Increase in MediaBay Inc.'s sales for the first nine months...
- Earful of Books to franchise. // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 31, p27
Announces that Earful of Books, an audiobook store chain based in Austin, Texas, is launching a franchise program. What the initial investment includes; Size of new stores; Competition with Talking Book World of West Bloomfield, Michigan.
- Audio bits. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;3/6/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 10, p39
Presents news briefs on audiobook publishers. Investors that have joined the Talking Book World; Recipient of the Grammy Award for spoken-word album; Audiobook publishers that have committed to sending representatives to interview talent at Audiobook Job Market.
- Earful Makes Noise in Cyberspace. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;3/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 11, p13
Reports on the audiobook sold in the Web site of Earful of Books Inc. Titles featured in the site; Reasons for offering the audiobook in the Internet; Range of rent prices.
- Talking Book's road to success. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;05/11/98, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p3
Presents information on Talking Book World Incorporated, which is a speciality retailer of books on tape. When Talking Book began selling franchises; Offers of 7,000 audio book titles by Talking Book; Reference to Audio Publishers Association; Comments from Pat Brunicardi, marketing manager of...
- Blockbuster to Add Audiobooks. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;6/19/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 25, p14
Focuses on the partnership of Blockbuster Inc. and Earful of Books Inc. to add audiobook rental centers to Blockbuster video stores. Terms of the deal; Benefits of the partnership for both companies; Impact of the alliance on the audiobook industry.
- Happy Holidays for Audio. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;2/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p33
Reports on the sales performance of several audiobook retailers during the 1998 holiday season. Sales of Heller Audiobooks in New York City; Percentage increase in sales of Earful of Books; Popularity of unbridged titles; Impact of the popularity of compact discs on audiobook industry.
- A Buyer's Market. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;8/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 32, p30
Reveals the factors that influence the purchasing decisions of children's audiobook buyers in the United States. Top audiobook sellers for Borders; Popular series at Earful of Books; Role of author publicity according to Camilla Corcoran of Barnes & Noble.
- audio bits. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;7/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 27, p23
Presents update on the audiobook industry in the United States as of July 3, 2000. Service launched by audiobook production firm The Cutting Corp.; Percentage of stake purchased by Earful of Books Inc. in Audiobookcafe; Deals of RioPort Inc. with The Publishing Mills and SoundWorks.