Alibris Forgoes Consumer Market For Higher-Profit Business Clients
- Alibris to Focus on Business Customers. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;9/18/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 38, p12
Reports on the plan of Alibris.com to stop a marketing campaign featuring dog-eared titles from the 1960s and 1970s in order to emphasize business and library customers over sales to individuals. Amount planned to spend by the company in order to build brand awareness among Net surfers and book...
- Book Distributor Paces Demand With Automated Packaging. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Jun2006, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p22
The article features Alibris Inc., a company based in Sparks, Nevada which supplies new, used and hard-to-find books to customers worldwide. Productivity and throughput are valuable to the operation of the business. The company has successfully implemented the three-touch method is used to...
- Alibris Targets European Business, Small Press Markets For Growth. // Book Publishing Report;03/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the plan of Alibris to open European offices.
- Pegasus's Deal with Alibris. // Publishers Weekly;6/26/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 26, p19
Reports on the agreement signed by Pegasus Wholesale with Alibris. Terms under the deal; Similar arrangements of Pegasus with Ingram.
- Ingram, Alibris Link for New Online Book Service. // Publishers Weekly;12/13/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 50, p11
Deals with the joint venture of Ingram and Alibris. Terms of the agreement; Remarks from Jim Chandler, Ingram's chief commercial officer; Scandal involving Alibris.
- Hotline. // Adweek Western Edition;11/01/99, Vol. 49 Issue 44, p8
Presents news briefs on advertising as of November 1999. Launching of the campaign of Think New Ideas; Tag line for the print advertisement of Alibris.com; Satellite television provider that TV personality Drew Carey signed with as a spokesman.
- Used Book Dealer Alibris Launches Campaign To Find Additional Titles. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p4
Reports on used book dealer Alibris' plan to expand its collection through a marketing campaign intended to identify previously untapped sources of books. Company's efforts to raise awareness about the dealer among those who have books to sell; Estimated number of titles in Alibris' Internet...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;4/8/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p8
Reports the promotion of Steve Gillan, controller and vice president of finance of Alibris, to chief financial officer in the U.S. Span of the employment of Gillan with the company; Career highlights.
- Rare Book Finder Banks $30 Million In Late Round Venture Funding. // Book Publishing Report;04/10/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p5
Focuses on the increased funding for the rare books business of Alibris from its financial relationship with Ingram Book Group. Details of the terms of venture capital funding gained by Alibris.