Lightning Source May Find Ebook Business More Competitive Than POD
- Lighting Source opens up print on demand. // Research Information;Aug/Sep2009, Issue 43, p27
The article evaluates the Espresso Book Machine from Lightning Source Inc.
- Palm, Lightning Source Try to Reinvigorate E-Books for Schools. // Electronic Education Report;2/14/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p7
Reports that Palm Digital Media and Lightning Source Inc. have teamed up to make available a collection of classic literature in electronic format for schools.
- Lightning teams with Didio and Powell's Books. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Mar2001, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p26
Reports the agreement signed by Lightning Source with Didio Communications in the United States. Plans to increase the number of electronic audio books; Terms of the agreement; Agreement with Powell to increase the number of e-books in the bookstore's inventory.
- Lightning Source Makes E-Book Alliances. // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the alliances formed by Lightning Source, Inc. and other companies as of November, 2000. How Lightning Source and Glassbook, Inc will securely distribute electronic books and digital content over the Internet; Use of Glassbook Reader and Server software for distribution; Strategic...
- Lightning Source, Holtzbrinck Create Global Digital Content Alliance. // Information Today;Sep2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p27
Reports on the alliance formed between Lightning Source Inc. and Holtzbrinck Publishers. Details of how Lightning Source will become the primary provider of digital fulfillment services for Holtzbrinck Publishers; Terms of the agreement; Discussion of Holtzbrinck's book collection; Delivery of...
- E-Book Updates. // T H E Journal;May2003, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p25
Presents an update related to electronic books as of May 2003. Introduction of a selection of classic literature through electronic book technology by Palm Digital Media Inc. and Lightning Source Inc.; Objective of the alliance formed by OverDrive Inc. and electronic book retailer Fictionwise Inc.
- Lightning BookSite Offer E-book Retail Pilot . Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;2/26/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 9, p12
Deals with the agreement between Lightning Source and BookSite to launch a pilot program for the marketing of electronic books. Bookstores that will offer electronic books from the program; Objectives of the pilot program; Status of electronic books marketing.
- iPublish inks digital deal. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;07/20/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 32, p2
Reports on a deal inked by iPublish, Time Warner Trade Publishing's electronic-publishing division, to make digital fulfillment services Lightning Source and Reciprocal its providers of electronic-books. Improvement in print-on-demand technology; Lightning Source's dominance of the market.
- Printing by the book is a one-off approach. Kiernan, Steven // Printing World;Mar2009, p32
The article focuses on the developments of Lightning Source Inc. in Great Britain. The company is turning technology to its advantage to write a new chapter on book printing. It embraced the print on demand (POD) model to produce a single book at a profit. It provides print for PediaPress to...