- BRAZIL'S INVISIBLE BLACKS. Arko, Kwame // New African;Nov2003, Issue 423, p82
Examines the black population in Brazil. Racial democracy; Visibility of blacks in the music and sports world; Black slum dwellers.
- To be young, British and black. Pitts, D. // Black Enterprise;Dec89, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p86
Examines a political and economic awakening among a new generation of black Britons. Growing number of small, black-owned firms; Growing of mergers in the black business community; Increasing number of black entrepreneurs; Push for black political power; Problem of black employment; Case...
- GOLD IS STILL FOUND IN WILDS. // Ebony;May1949, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p43
The article focuses on the occupation of several Black people in the U.S. who were lured during the days of the gold rush in Alaska.
- Making a difference. Green, C.M. // Essence (Essence);Apr89, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p88
Profiles five black St. Croix women involved in the socioeconomic development of the island, including two businesswomen, a judge, a doctor, and a newspaper publisher.
- Living the life! Green, C.M. // Essence (Essence);Apr89, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p90
Profiles three American black women who moved to St. Croix after visiting the island.
- Voila, black Paris. // Essence (Essence);Oct87 Supplement, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p65
Special on blacks in Paris, France. Articles on black fashion, models, and beauty in Paris, plus profiles of successful black Americans in Paris, French recipes and travel tips are also included.
- National Headliners. // Jet;7/23/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p10
Presents news briefs related to blacks as of July 23, 2001, including plans for the release of the book 'Pay Yourself First, an African-American Guide in Financial Success,' by Jesse H. Brown.
- TICKER TAPE. Booker, Simeon // Jet;10/29/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 20, p8
Offers news about blacks, including former Massachusetts Senator Edward Brooke and Maggie Williams, the first black chief of staff for former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- National Headliners. // Jet;10/29/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 20, p8
Offers news about blacks, including E. Stanley O'Neal, president of Merrill Lynch Co., and Marc H. Morial, mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana.
- People. // Jet;11/22/99, Vol. 96 Issue 25, p20
Offers information of various black people including Lydia G. Mallet, Dwight P. Robinson, Stacey Davis Steed, James N. Allen and Leslie Mays.