Arkansas Highway's Price Rises
- Tolls without the plaza. // Popular Mechanics;Oct94, Vol. 171 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on the construction of an automated-toll highway in Anaheim, California. Installation of equipment to gauge traffic conditions and to set tools accordingly.
- Roadway Lighting Revisited. Hasson, Patrick; Lutkevich, Paul // Public Roads;May/Jun2002, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p32
Provides information on the International Technology Scanning Program in 1990 that links U.S. highway experts with their counterparts to examine roadway lighting. Purposes of roadway lighting; Approaches for roadway lighting.
- Greener roads needed. // International Construction;Feb98, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p74
Cites the report `Old Roads to Green Roads,' from the British Road Federation stressing the need for the British government to improve the environmental performance of its road network. Actions recommended for several sections of the country's road; Plan of the federation to work with the...
- Croatian highway. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p23
Deals with the signing of a joint statement on Cooperation in the area of road infrastructure by the Croatian Deputy Prime Minister, Jure Radic' and the Bavarian Minister of Economy, Otto Wiesheu. Contents of the joint statement; Banks that will provide a capital for the highway's completion;...
- Hawaii highway wins award for civil engineering achievement. // Roads & Bridges;Jan99, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p21
Announces that a highway project in Oahu, Hawaii was named recipient of the 1998 Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award. Recognition from the American Society of Civil Engineers; Alleviation of traffic congestion on highly traversed commuter routes.
- CEMENTING THE COUNTRYSIDE. // Ecologist;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p18
Deals with the plan to construct the Birmingham Northern Relief Road in Alabama. Importance of the road's construction; How the idea of a Birmingham Northern Relief Road came into being; Company to construct the road and their financiers and the construction consortium.
- Tollway extension no job driver: Study. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;11/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p3
Reports that according to data compiled by the Northeastern Illinois Planning Commission (NIPC), a proposed toll road extension in Lake County. Illinois could lead to problems. Controversy surrounding the opening of the toll road; Reference to forecasts in the 2020 Regional Transportation Plan...
- Mudslides twice block Sichuan-Tibet Highway in Nyingtri in Sep'08. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Oct2008, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on Sichuan-Tibet Highway, a road that is blocked for the second time by mudflows due to heavy rainfall in Nyingtri Prefecture of Tibet Autonomous Region in China. It is stated that more than 20,000 cubic meters of dirt and rocks have fallen from a roadside mountain. There are...
- Roads patched for polls. // Contract Journal;4/30/2003, Vol. 418 Issue 6424, p7
Reports on the actions taken by British local authority highways engineers to make the roads look good in time for the local elections. Criticisms from engineers and the Asphalt Industry Alliance regarding the project; Objectives of the project; Anomaly in the allocation of funds allocated to...