'Punitive' 10-Year Rule
- MBS Recap: Themes in mortgage sector are supply and duration management. Runyan, Susan // Asset Securitization Report;10/28/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 42, p12
Reports on developments related to mortgage-backed securities in the U.S. as of October 2002. Decline in the net fixed-rate issuance; Increase in the mortgage rates in the market; Performance of the housing market.
- If Recovery Prevails as MBS Buys End, Housing Could Move 'Sideways'. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;3/22/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p5
The article offers a perspective on the impact of mortgage-backed security (MBS) on the housing industry in the U.S.
- Roundup: Issuers Produce 16% More new European MBS Than Last Year. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;12/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the increase of the mortgage-backed security (MBS) insurance in Europe. Accounts of total residential MBS; Remains of commercial and residential mortgage collateral; Disclosure of the notable contributors.
- Affordable-Housing Securitization Gets AA Rating. TIMMONS, HEATHER // American Banker;6/15/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 113, p13
Reports on Standard & Poor's assignment of an AA rating to a securitization deal backed by low-income mortgages from the Neighborhood Housing Services of America. Anticipation of different types of affordable-housing securitization in the United States; Factors behind the high rating;...
- MBS DATA. // Asset Securitization Report;4/9/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p34
Provides information on mortgage-backed securities. Term of fixed rate mortgage; List of adjustable-rate mortgage spreads; Value of home purchase index.
- Mortgage production expected to drop as refinancing wanes. K.S. // Asset Securitization Report;12/1/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 46, p22
Discusses a Morgan Stanley report which analyzed historical production dynamics in the U.S. mortgage-backed securities market. Transitory valuation impact of changing supply; Prediction of a decline in gross mortgage production; Average fixed-rate issuance of agency product; Shift of borrower...
- PL RMBS Put Past Behind Them in Some Ways, but Not Others. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;4/4/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p5
The article presents the author's views on the nonagency residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) and the development of a reformed regulatory framework for a new private-label (PL) RMBS in the U.S.
- Investors Reluctant to Embrace Mortgage-Backeds . Brockman, Joshua // American Banker;9/7/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 171, p10
Reports on the reluctance of investors in the United States to invest in mortgage-backed securities despite a strong housing market and declining prepayment rates. Investors' fear of inflation and concern that the market could become flooded with securities; Slowdown in prepayments as a result...
- Housing pricing index show prices still on the up and up. N.C. // Asset Securitization Report;4/14/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p16
Reports that figures recorded by the National Building Society's house pricing index indicate that prices continued to climb through March 2003 in Great Britain. Inundation of prime paper in the mortgage-backed securities (MBS) market; Analysts' expectation of an overall slowdown in April 2003;...