Investigating the influence of lumber sample subsets on simulated rough mill part yields
- Why You Can't Buy a House. Case, Robert Ormond // Saturday Evening Post;7/6/1946, Vol. 219 Issue 1, p18
Explains that the absence of roads from forest to mills is the cause of lumber shortages in the U.S. that is delaying the construction of homes across the country. Revelation that 40 percent of mills capacity is idle; Abundance of timber and lumber supply enough to meet the short- and long-term...
- RED CARDED. // Inwood;Dec2009, Issue 89, p14
The article reports on the Green Star certification scheme by the Victorian and Queensland state governments in Australia. It mentions that the rejection of the proposal to open the timber credit to other third party certification schemes by Australian Forestry Standard led to missing out on...
- ECONOMICS. // America;3/11/1911, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p526
The article discusses a report presented by the Royal Commission regarding the status of Canadian forest area which extended 300 million acres from 1,657 million acres, while the forests of British Columbia covered 15 million acres from 182 million acres. The wrong initial measurement of the...
- A New Year and New Owners. Neilson, Dennis // New Zealand Forest Industries;Feb2004, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on the New Zealand forestry industry. Industry performance in 2003; Changing ownership in the timber industry management organizations (TIMO); TIMO control of the forest resource.
- Solid wood and residue yield analysis of small-diameter red oak logs. Perkins, Brian; Smith, Robert L.; Bond, Brian // Forest Products Journal;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 58 Issue 1/2, p97
A yield analysis of solid wood and residues from 233 red oak small-diameter logs (6 to 10 inches small end d.i.b.) was conducted. The results indicated that 75 percent of the l-inch lumber was grade 2 A and 3 A, while the remainder was No. 1 common. The container part yield from the cants ranged...
- How lumber dealers grade wood. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p86
Provides information on various types of lumber. Description of framing lumber; Basis for grading boards lumber; General designations of lumber.
- FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING. Kaiser, Jo-Ann // Wood & Wood Products;Feb2007, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p39
The article offers information about sapele and its sapwood. Sapele, accordingly, is a large tree that grows to heights of 150 to 200 feet with straight and cylindrical boles clear to 100 feet. Its uses include in high-end furniture and cabinetry, interior and exterior joinery, window frames,...
- BIBLIOGRAFIJA CLANAKA, STRUCNIH INFORMACIJA I IZVJE�TAJA OBJAVLJENIH U DRVNOJ INDUSTRIJI, U VOLUMENU 62 (2011), UDK I ODK. // Wood Industry / Drvna Industrija;2012, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p62
No abstract available.
- EXPLOATATION, TRANSPORT AND TIMBER PROCESSING -- ANALYSIS AND FORECASTING. B�ta, Ioana Maria Ghidiu; State, Florina // Managerial Challenges of the Contemporary Society;Jun2011, Issue 2, p113
Wood product prices are determined as a result of supply and demand confrontation, in a free market, so this rule is necessary to work in forestry. The global wood products market is an open market which has no regulatory legislation, as there are other agricultural products. Romania shall...