Applied Rooftop Heating Systems
- A chill in the heart of Texas. Clark, Scott // Engineered Systems;Oct2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p62
Reports the installation of Thermal Energy Storage (TES) systems in several facilities in Texas. Differentiation between full and partial thermal storage systems; Impact of the system on the electrical demand costs of facilities; Advantages of chilled water storage system; Account on the TES...
- Most energy-efficient building uses thermal energy storage. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/20/99, Vol. 208 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the installation of a thermal energy storage system at the Centex Building in Dallas, Texas. Reputation of the building as the most energy efficient facility in the country; Rating of the actual operating performance.
- The top six places to look for energy losses in commercial buildings. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Jun2012, p18
The article offers information on the top six places in commercial buildings to look for energy losses. It mentions that the only problem in building envelope which is referred to building structures is associated to small number of detected temperature variance. It states that overheating and...
- Thermal storage promotion plans. // Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration News;4/19/93, Vol. 188 Issue 16, p2
Focuses on thermal storage systems information campaign launched by ARI's Thermal Storage Equipment Section. Explanation to the Committee of the National Association of the Regulatory Utility Commissioners; Pacific Northwest Laboratories (PNL) to help plan and implement energy-saving programs...
- House Extends Commercial Building Tax Deduction. // Shopping Centers Today;Sep2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, Special section p2
The article reports on the relevance of the Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Tax Act of 2007 house bill for members of the International Council of Shopping Centers Inc. (ICSC) in the U.S. The most important provision is the extension of the energy-efficient Commercial Building Tax...
- Strong pre-leasing spurs start of Ladera retail center. Coleman // Orange County Business Journal;10/25/99, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p5
Reports on the planned construction of the shopping center Bridgepark Plaza in Orange County, California. Westar Associates as the firm in charge of leasing and managing the shopping center; Reason for the decision to go ahead with the construction; Tenants who signed pre-leased agreements.
- Improving efficiency through automated diagnostics. Katipamula, Srinivas; Brambley, Mike // Energy User News;Apr98, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p22
Presents information on the cost of wasted energy in the United States, by commercial buildings. What the waste can be attributed to; Views that the growth in the computer and telecommunications industries has stimulated changes in the building automation and controls industry; How automating...
- Introduction. // Building Design;2/7/2014 Supplement, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the use of thermal mass to lessen energy consumption in commercial buildings in Great Britain.
- BAS Retrofit upgrades old controls equipment, yields $43K savings. Randazzo, Mike // Energy User News;Jan1997, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p20
Describes the upgrades done on the Connecticut Financial Center expected to lower energy costs of the building. Retrofitting of unitary controllers; Estimated amount of savings; Advantages of installing the upgraded building automation network; Optimizing the building's air handler startup and...