Improving Comfort, Saving Energy With Large Circulator Fans
- Green Administration: How to Reduce Energy Consumption and Cut Administrative Costs. Wolfe, Kevin L. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;May2009, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p22
Beyond being a good steward of the environment, there are plenty of reasons to reduce energy consumption in the workplace. This article discusses the opportunities--large and small--for reducing administrative costs and increasing operational efficiency at the same time energy is being conserved.
- Energy Fairness for All the People. Rees, Ted // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/20/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 16, p38
Reports the attitudes of individuals in using air conditioning to cope with searing heat through out the world. Role of air conditioning in preserving life in urban areas; Efficiency standard for central air conditioners and heat pumps; National goal of conserving energy supplies.
- Are Contractors Equipped To Sell Up From 13 SEER? // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/13/2004, Vol. 223 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on the changes in the energy efficiency rating for air conditioning systems. Status of the industry as far as energy efficiency is concerned; Concerns about the minimum energy efficiency requirements.
- Best Air Conditioners. // Mother Earth News;Aug/Sep2006, Issue 217, p87
The article offers efficient options to cool a room and reduce energy bill. Energy-efficient alternatives to standard air conditioners, such as geothermal heat pumps or evaporative coolers, can work in some parts of the country. First of all, use fans, minimize indoor heat sources and work with...
- Energy Management. // Chain Store Age;Mar2008, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p87
The article presents information on Advanced Energy Design Guide Series from the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) and its partnering organizations, including the U.S. Department of Energy. The guides offer the tools needed for achieving a 30%...
- 'Go Green' At Work. // TeamWork;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p5
The article offers tips on how to conserve energy and resources in work environments.
- Air supply. // Works Management;Jun2013, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p39
In this article, the author offers information on the building energy management systems (BEMS) for energy savings. HE informs that assessment of existing energy-efficient automation and control solutions can help drive significant savings. He reports that BEMS can be used to monitor, manage and...
- Electrical innovations can save $1 per square foot. // Fairfield County Business Journal;08/24/98, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p16
Focuses on a national education campaign launched by the Energy Cost Savings Council which aims to inform corporations that building owners can cut energy costs by replacing their electrical equipment with newer versions. Features of an electrical product upgrade; Cooperation with government...
- Action on energy efficiency. // Food Manufacture;Nov2003, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p23
Reports on the Action Energy program of the British government. Aim of helping manufacturers improve efficiency gains and reduce energy costs; Operation of the program by Carbon Trust; Contact information.