Academy of Management
- THE ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT CODE OF ETHICAL CONDUCT. // Academy of Management Journal;Apr95, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p573
No abstract available.
- The Employee's Night Job. // Public Management (00333611);Dec99, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p3
Answers a question involving ethics in the workplace. How should an assistant county manager deal with a complaint of two employees against their co-employee who is an elected county official; Guiding principles for handling ethical personal matters.
- Ethics. // Public Management (00333611);Jul2001, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p2
Gives advice on the professional ethics of city managers in the United States. Involvement of city managers in political activities; Ethical issues on the use of corporate properties by city managers.
- Time to let go to grow. Gray, Andi // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/20/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 38, p17
The article provides answers to a question on how to become an effective manager.
- HEALTH CORNER. Hering, Beth Braccio // Office Professional;Dec2013, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p9
The article offers advices for office workers on how to assess themselves when they start feeling sick before going to work in order to make sure if they can handle themselves at work the whole day or they will feel worse if they report for work.
- Blowing the Whistle, Blowing Your Career? Bell, Rick // Workforce;Dec2013, Vol. 92 Issue 12, p12
The article focuses on a finding by Joseph Grenny, co-author of the book titled Crucia Accountability that employees confront only half of the unethical behavior they witness at work although both minor and major ethical infractions are witnessed by 63 percent of respondents regularly.
- Keeping your balance. Johnson, Dave // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Feb2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p6
Provides tips on how to manage the task of being a safety and health professional. Importance of maintaining a high standard; Need to master the technical details of occupational safety and health rules; Importance of establishing networks as support groups.
- Toward a code of ethics: Social relevance and the professionalization of records management. Pemberton, J. Michael; Pendergraft, Lee O. // Records Management Quarterly;Apr90, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p3
Claims that the key to establishing a field's social relevance lies in development, maintenance, interpretation, and application of a meaningful code of ethics. Definition of the terms professional and profession; Social relevance and the professionalization of records management; Discussion of...
- Ethics inquiries. // Public Management (00333611);Jun95, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p2
Offers advice related to professional ethics of city managers. Transferring to another managerial job; Hiring of an architect for home construction; Dealing with a private sector firm venturing into the public market.
- `Through a glass darkly': Ethics and information technology. Pemberton, J. Michael // Records Management Quarterly;Jan98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p76
Focuses on the ethical principles in information and records management. Code of professional responsibility by the Association of Records Managers and Administrators International; Code characteristics; Basic approaches to ethical questions; Relationship of records and technology.