How Do Women Fare When the Promotion Rules Change?
- Women at work. // Employee Benefit Adviser;Oct2015, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
The article offers the author's insights on the positive impact on women leaders in the benefit advising sector and the release of the research titled "When Women Thrive" by Mercer, a global consulting company.
- Caught in the crossfire: Women and corporate restructuring. Karambayya, Rekha // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Dec98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p333
Explores how and why employees voluntarily leave an organization during restructuring. Decisions of some senior women and examines gender issues in the context of organizational restructuring; Consequences; Attrition of women managers from organizations; Methodology; Conclusion.
- New Leaders at Delhaize Units Settle In. // MMR;2/22/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the reorganization made by Delhaize Group SA which created four major organizations headed by women executives including Cathy Green, Meg Ham and Beth Newlands.
- The distaff side. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;Dec97, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p11
Reports on a study showing that corporate restructuring and downsizing in the United States have been harder on women managers than on their male counterparts. Decline in earnings; Increase in work hours; Decline in job satisfaction.
- Polansky promoted amid WS restructure. Stein, Lindsay // PRWeek (London);11/23/2012, p9
The article announces the promotion of Weber Schandwick President Andy Polansky to chief executive officer (CEO), amid restructuring of the company.
- Women in the Corporate World: Who Hires and Promotes Them? Jin Hwa Jung // International Journal of Business & Social Science;May2013, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p40
This study explores ways to improve the quantity and quality of female employment by analyzing determinants of corporate women-friendliness. Corporate women-friendliness was measured by using three indicators: the ratio of women employees to regular employees; the ratio of women to executives;...
- MUJERES EJECUTIVAS E INTERACCIÃ“N TRABAJO-FAMILIA: EVIDENCIAS EN MÃ‰XICO. Garrido García, Norma Patricia; Gallegos Sánchez, Adriana; Hernández Vela, Hortensia // Revista Global de Negocios;2015, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p83
The access of women to high positions in organizations has been limited by some difficulties originate by the culture, that institutionalizes discrimination, subordination and inequity between men and women. These problems make evident the need for structural changes in the family, the state and...
- New day at Sundance. Oberndorf, Shannon // Catalog Age;Jun99, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the changes undergone by Salt Lake City, Utah-based Sundance Catalog Co. Appointment of Patricia Warren as company president; Redesigning of the company core book; Expansion of Sundance's product line to include weekend apparel.
- 40 Under 40. Wright, Shawn // Crain's Detroit Business;10/7/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p0012
The article highlights the achievements of Amy Amador as executive director of the Mercy Education Project in Detroit, Michigan. Amador launched initiatives to diversify revenue to continue and expand programs of the organization. Credit is given to Amador for restructuring the organization,...