Skills for Work in the 21st Century: What Does the Research Tell Us?
- Communicate your way to bigger bucks. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p42
Provides information on the skills required for graduates who aspire for corporate career. Focus on developing communication skills; Advantages of proactive attitude towards work; Qualities of a good communicator.
- The Employability of Young Higher Education Graduates: Social Problem/ Quality Assessment Criterion. Şerban, Adriana // Social Work Review / Revista de Asistenta Sociala;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p95
In order to evaluate the results of the teaching activity in higher education institutions, a very important criterion is the employability of young graduates. A look through the different documents and statistics on young graduates' absorption in the labor market has led towards an...
- THE CHANGING SKILL REQUIREMENTS OF JOBS IN THE U.S. ECONOMY. Rumberger, Russell W. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Jul81, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p578
Changes in the aggregate distribution of job skills result from changes in the distribution of employment among occupations as well as from changes in the skill requirements of individual occupations. This study measures the effects of both of these factors on the distribution of skills in the...
- Employability Skills in Chennai Retail Market, India. Paulrajan, Rajkumar // Acta Universitatis Danubius: Oeconomica;2011, Issue 5, p16
The aim of this paper is to report the finding from study to outline the underlying skill set required in getting and sustaining employment in the organised grocery and vegetable retail industry. The focus was 'Employability' which is neither one time attainable nor marketable vocational and...
- Skills passports. Holmström, Radhika // Nursing Standard;11/3/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p62
Radhika HolmstrÃ¶m looks at a project that records nurses' skills and training.
- INDEPENDENT CARE PROVIDER TO PILOT ONLINE SKILLS PASSPORT. // Nursing Standard;3/9/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p11
An online resource that allows nurses to record their career history, qualifications and training will be piloted in the private sector.
- In Praise of Unitasking. Blair, Robin // Health Management Technology;Jun2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p4
The article highlights the increase in error committed by those people who try to perform two or more tasks either at the same time or alternately. Multitasking is heralded and valued as if it were a real process. Everything beyond automated activities requires sequential tasking, not...
- moving skills from low to high. Acero, Jorge A. // Communities & Banking;Fall2012, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p7
The article focuses on the aim of the state of Maine to advance the skills of its residents from low to high. It mentions that Mainers who are unemployed and underemployed lack the marketable skills which are needed to gain employment. It notes that employers struggle to find qualified...
- Foreign influx fears prove unfounded. // Truck & Driver;Mar2007, p8
The article reports that tough new employment restrictions and the need for high standards of English will make it very difficult for Bulgarian and Romanian drivers to find work in Great Britain. According to Baltic Recruitment Services, which specialises in placing Polish applicants in a wide...