On the Apparent Failure of Patents: A Response to Bessen and Meurer
- Do Patents Work? // CATO Policy Report;Mar2009, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the debates regarding the value of patents in the U.S. Michael J. Meurer and James Bessen and of Boston University argue that general property-rights have significant direct impact on economic development. On the other hand, Henry I. Miller contends that the imposition of...
- Patent Failure: How Judges, Bureaucrats, and Lawyers Put Innovators at Risk. COLE, JULIO H. // Independent Review;Spring2009, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p614
The article reviews the book "Patent Failure: How Judges, Bureaucrats, and Lawyers Put Innovators at Risk," by James Bessen and Michael J. Meurer.
- The cost of vague patents. Gollin, Michael // Nature;7/10/2008, Vol. 454 Issue 7201, p164
The article reviews the book "Patent Failure: How Judges, Bureaucrats & Lawyers Put Innovators at Risk," by James Bessen and Michael J. Meurer.
- Inventions to get protection. // Design Engineering;Apr98, p5
Provides information on the proposed Utility Model Protection in Great Britain. Benefit of the protection policy on minor inventions; Type of companies that would likely benefit.
- ANALYZING THE ROLE OF NON-PRACTICING ENTITIES IN THE PATENT SYSTEM. Schwartz, David L.; Kesan, Jay P. // Cornell Law Review;Jan2014, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p425
Currently, there is an important debate about the role of non-practicing entities in patent litigation. People are asking: What are the costs and benefits associated with NPE litigation? Are they too high, too low, or just right? This Essay makes two contributions to the discussion. First, we...
- CHAPTER 1: Introduction to Patents and Other Intellectual Property. Pressman, David // Patent It Yourself (9781413313826);4/ 1/2011, p7
The article discusses patents and other intellectual property (IP) rights, as well as the various laws and regulations that govern them, particularly in the U.S. It cites the three types of patents, namely, utility patents, design patents and plant patents. Among the other patent issues that are...
- Inventors beware. // Design Engineering;May2001, p8
No abstract available.
- What's protected in United States may not be elsewhere. Carter, Amie Peele // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p24A
The article focuses on the shrinking marketplace which can help jump start companies that learn how to navigate the quagmire of regulations and potential pitfalls regarding the protection of intellectual property and personal and business information outside of the U.S. Successful firms can find...
- Conventional wisdom. Copp, David // Engineer (00137758);10/30/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 7711, p26
No abstract available.