- Roadblocks for VCs in Latin America. // BizEd;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p52
The article discusses the study which reveals that venture capitalists may encounter problems in conducting business in Latin America because of the lack of governmental and cultural support. Garry Bruton, a management professor at Texas Christian University of Business, and his colleagues...
- Intertwined lives. K. H. // TCU Magazine;Summer2009, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p20
The article focuses on the partnership between Texas Christian University's Master of Business Administration (MBA) students and women weavers in the highlands of Guatemala to establish a prospective life-altering business model. The project was initiated by Professor Garry Bruton, coordinator...
- People. // Fort Worth Business Press;2/12/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p39
The article announces career developments in Fort Worth, Texas in February 2007 including Barry L. Hudson joining Dunaway Associates as senior planner, the election of Ben Loughry as chairman of the board of the Fort Worth South Inc., the appointment of Garry Bruton as president of the Asia...
- Iraq business ventures worth the risk, ambassador says. WIMMER, LESLIE // Fort Worth Business Press;11/3/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p1
The article reports on a statement made by Iraqi Ambassador to the U.S. Samir Shakir M. Sumaida'ie regarding the risk that will be rewarded to business owners in any industry that will help rebuild Iraq. Sumaida'ie made a visit to Fort Worth, Texas on October 22-24, 2008. According to Garry...
- People. // Fort Worth Business Press;3/12/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p2
Features educators, executives, public officials in Fort Worth, Texas. Promotion of Lucy Coker to the post of bank manager at Community Bank; Award received by associate professor Doctor Garry D. Bruton; Election of Carl Ball as president of the Texas Fire Alarm Association; Appointment of...
- Time warp. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;04/01/97 25th Anniversary Special, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p70
Profiles a group of magazine professionals in the United States. Includes Mike Lafavore; John Wilson; Roger Black; David Obey; Christy Haubegger; Larry Burke; Martha Stewart; Cathie Black; Johnny Wilson.
- RECOGNIZING FORMER EDITORS IN CHIEF. // Real Estate Issues;Summer2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, piv
Recognizes the efforts of former editors in chief of the periodical `Real Estate Issues.' Contributions of James H. McMullin and Jean C. Felts to the periodical.
- Critical thinking. Espinoza, Zapata // Mountain Bike;Mar96, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p14
Recounts the author's experiences as an editor of a bike magazine. Criticisms on his comments on various products; Need for readers to read the truth; Similarities between his opinions and the truth.
- A message from the new editor. Edyburn, Dave L. // Teaching Exceptional Children;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the plans of the author as new editor of `Teaching Exceptional Children' periodical. Benchmark of quality and innovation learned from predecessors; Recognition of responsibility for contribution to professional development; Improvement of quality of information provided to the field.