Hickory Springs has 2-pronged 'green' strategy
- Bedding sources target low and high ends. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;4/25/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p108
The article discusses the double marketing strategy by Therapedic, a top 10 bedding producer among other mattress companies. Therapedic will be offering their HourGlass support mattress titled BackSense at relatively low prices. Other mattress companies are also mentioned including Serta Inc., I...
- Romantic bedrooms. // Furniture/Today;10/10/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p68
The article offers the author's insights regarding the odd relationship of the mattress industry with the subject of romance, in which mattress marketers do not bring romance in its marketing strategy for fear of offending consumers.
- Panel highlights social media's effectiveness in sales strategy. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;5/24/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p20
The article offers views on the effectiveness of social networking websites in marketing sales strategy, presented at the annual Bedding Conference. Dwayne Welch, executive vice president of components supplier at Hickory Springs Manufacturing Co., focuses on the living, instant, and marketing...
- STRATEGIC ADAPTABILITY, NEW-PRODUCT OUTCOMES, AND FIRM PERFORMANCE. Citrin, Alka Varma; McCullough, Jim // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2000, Vol. 11, p244
This research empirically examines the relationship between firms' strategic adaptability, new-product outcomes, and overall firm performance. Marketing strategy involves business activities and decisions related to generating and sustaining competitive advantage in the marketplace. The current...
- Hickory's Welch joins ASFD board. // Furniture/Today;11/9/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p6
The article announces that Dwayne Welch, executive vice president of sales and marketing for components of Hickory Springs Manufacturing, was appointed board of the American Society of Furniture Designers (ASFD).
- Hickory Springs adds EVP. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;11/26/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p1
The article announces that Dwayne Welch has been named executive vice president of sales and marketing at Hickory Springs Manufacturing Co. in Hickory, North Carolina.
- BALANCING ACT. Roskelly, Nick // Beverage Industry;Oct2002, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p96
Presents strategies on division of resources between core brands and new product launches. Concept of development of products on the basis of core brands; Company's concerns before the launch of a product; Market research to spot unmet needs of the customer; Marketing strategies adopted by...
- Organic Mattresses adds lower-priced latex set. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;9/14/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p112
The article offers information on the move of Organic Mattresses Inc. to expand their product line with the addition of a lower-priced latex sleep set named OrganicPedic Sierra in Yuba City, California. It mentions that the product is a hand-made organic mattress that features 100% natural...
- A willing suspension of disbelief (about butter). Wheaton, Ken; Capps, Brooke; Thompson, Bonnie // Advertising Age;6/12/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 24, p40
The article presents news briefs related to the advertising industry in the U.S. The decision of U.S. actor Greg Vaughan to endorse the products of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is reported. Conflict between Time Inc. and Hello concerning the publicity of Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt is stated....