Be Careful What You Post
- Oxford and Cambridge attracting more state school pupils. // Education (14637073);3/13/2009, Issue 347, p2
The article presents statistics regarding the percentages of state school student-applicants accepted by Oxford University and Cambridge University in 2008 and 2009.
- Education Schools Tighten Standards, New Survey Reports. // Education Week;9/7/1983, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on the study of a draft of the rigid admission standards to teacher-education programs by the U.S. National Central for Education Statistics.
- Figures show hundreds of academy places are lying empty. // Education (14637073);5/29/2009, Issue 356, p2
The article reports that many independent state schools in Great Britain have more than 10 percent of their pupil places empty. The author states that Greig City Academy in Haringey, England has 31 percent of its spaces unfilled. The article also presents statistics for Manchester Academy and...
- Surprise: Freshman Enrollment Is Surging. Rothman, Robert // Education Week;10/21/1987, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the increase in freshman enrollments at many U.S. colleges. Is has been estimated that some 40 percent of the country's 3,300 colleges and universities say increases in freshman enrollments this fall. Freshman enrollment statistics from Pennsylvania State University,...
- University Acceptance Features in the Open Arab University (Jordan Branch) Amman Jordan. ALmahasneh, Ebtisam. Z.; ALhabees, Mahmoud. A. // International Journal of Higher Education;May2012, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p168
The objective of this study is to evaluate the experience of the Open Arab University/Jordan branch, in terms of accepted students as well as the graduates from 2002 to 2005, and to conclude on one hand the relation between the students' genders, the majors and the scientific programs, and to...
- Higher education a nutshell. Slabber, Engela // Finance Week;07/21/2000, p36
Presents a statistical report on the situation of higher education in South Africa from 1993 to 1999. Student numbers at universities, tekhnikons, historically Afrikaans-language and English-speaking universities; Composition in terms of gender and race; Shifts in studies; Specialization in...
- ALBERTA BY NUMBERS. // Alberta Views;Sep2010, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p62
The article presents several statistics on the education in Alberta, Canada which include the number of full-time-equivalent enrollment Alberta universities, the number of K-12 enrolled, and the number of charter schools in Alberta.
- TCU admission. // TCU Magazine;Spring2010, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p15
The article presents statistics on admission at Texas Christian University (TCU) in Fort Worth as of March 2010 including total applications for the fall 2010 semester, number of male applicants, and number of students already admitted.
- UCAS figures show genuine rise in university applications. // Education (14637073);7/18/2008, Issue 322, p2
The article discusses the findings of research by the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS), which shows that college admissions in Great Britain have increased. The University and College Union says that the figures may be inflated because they include students in more disciplines...