'Green' Bagging It
- Totebags for Your Brand. Hurst, Meghan // Successful Promotions;Mar2008, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p18
The article talks about the factors that must be considered when it comes to styling tote bags. According to Clare Spiegel of Your New Look, if one is hosting a convention, seminar or going to a trade show, a totebag would be the perfect way to have people carry any materials from the event....
- Banned in Boston? Saxtan, John // Giftware News;Jan2008, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p8
The author urges gift stores to look for ideas to go green. He mentions that since the summer of 2007, giftware shows in the U.S. saw the launching of green products or products made from recycled materials. He suggests that gift stores use a reusable cloth shopping bag that has the name and...
- Let's Talk About Sacks. Scott, Jennifer Acosta // Plenty;Oct/Nov2008, Issue 24, p24
The article profiles Teresa Van Hatten-Granath, art professor in Nashville, Tennessee. It mentions her launching of the Green Lady bag, an interactive art project that offers handmade bags from recycled materials. In addition, these sustainable bags can be purchased through greenbaglady.org. The...
- Green Bag It. McGovern, Nicole // Kiwi;Aug/Sep2010, p50
The article presents information on several eco-friendly lunch bags available in the U.S. market in August 2010 including the Kids Konserve reusable lunch sack, the Greensmart Margay Neogreene Lunchbox, and the Go Green Lunch Box.
- Glam cam. // Glamour;Apr2008, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p88
This article presents photographs of four readers' favorite environmentally friendly product. Included is an Eco Natural Wear bikini made from recycled materials, a Toyota hybrid car, canvas shopping bags that eliminate the need for plastic bags, and Caldrea Sweet Pea Stain Remover.
- Organizing a statewide `Buy Recycled Expo'. // BioCycle;Jul96, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p8
Offers suggestions for sponsoring recycled products exhibit and expositions based on experiences from annual Buy Recycled Expos in Florida. Includes targeting specific audiences; Assembly of a coalition of people from the government and private sectors.
- Reusable bags: a win-win for retailers. // Progressive Grocer;9/1/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on the use of reusable bags by retailers. An online poll conducted by PG found that 64 percent of respondents are considering offering shoppers an alternative to plastic bags. The use of reusable bags is expected to bring down the cost of retail operations. Some retail chains...
- On the Green Scene. Poe, Alysia // InStyle;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p348
This article focuses on environmentally friendly things and products including a beauty boutique in Venice, California called Vert, the book "Gorgeously Green," by Sophie Uliano, and "Save the Planet" bangles made from recovered horn.
- Earth-friendly has a design focus. P.S. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;May97, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p48
Focuses on recycled and environmentally-friendly products shown at the 1997 Arango International Design Exhibition. Curator Judith Arango's comments on the exhibition's intentions and focus; Sample products on display.