- Health Surprises IN YOUR PANTRY. Warren, Rachel Meltzer // Prevention;Nov2008, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p76
The article discusses a variety of low-cost, nutritious choices of canned and jarred beans and vegetables to stock up on. These include chickpeas, known for their ability to help lower cholesterol. Artichoke hearts contain a fiber known as inulin, that is beneficial to the stomach and...
- NAKED SALADS... AND THE OCCASIONAL CHOCOLATE TREAT. // Nursing Standard;9/17/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p14
The staff menu at South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust was transformed when a new catering contractor was brought in to keep patients and 4,000 staff fed across one acute and three community hospitals.
- 3 SIMPLE SWAPS FOR A HEALTHY HEART. MILLER, BLAKE // Redbook;May2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5, p244
The article offers suggestions on healthy foods in daily meals including refined cereal in breakfast, whole wheat bread and light microwave popcorn in lunch and brown rice in dinner.
- The Real Deal. // Natural Health;Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p85
Features several health foods. Nutrition facts of U.S. Mills Uncle Sam Cereal; Price of After the Fall Cape Cod Cranberry; Number of servings in Health Valley Five Bean Vegetable Soup.
- Taste Test Organic and Natural Cereal. Forrestall, Monica // Organic Style;Nov2004, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p50
Deals with the five organic and natural cereal available in the U.S. Information on New Morning Traditional Style Corn Flakes; Nutritional content of Barbara's Bakery Honey Nut Toasted O's; Cost of Cascadian Farm Raisin Bran.
- When did organic become natural? Soref, Anna // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Sep2010, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p8
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the consumer belief that natural foods are healthier, mentions the Natural Products Expo East, and consumer education on organic and natural.
- McDonald's lite. // Modern Healthcare;8/1/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p36
Reports on the improvement in the food offerings at McDonald's branch in Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. Healthy food options added to the menu of the fast food restaurant; Approval of Cleveland Clinic CEO on the health food options of McDonald's; Meeting of McDonald's Corp. executives...
- Healthier Hospital Food. Roosevelt, Margot // Time;5/22/2006, Vol. 167 Issue 21, p78
The article discusses how hospitals offer unhealthy food options to patients. Some health-minded activists have started a movement to serve patients fresh, seasonal foods and hospitals are starting to change their menus accordingly. Comments from dietician Nancy Gummer are offered on the...
- Mystery Meals No More. santamour, bill // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2014, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p10
An introduction to this issue is presented, discussing various articles, including those about malnutrition among hospital patients, nutrition counseling and outpatient medical care.