- Food, Design Draw Students. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the opening of a food court at Grassfield High School in the Chesapeake School District in Virginia. The food court, which will be named this semester through a student competition that is designed to give the students some ownership, offers eight stations, whose names...
- IN BETHLEHEM, PA: Broader menu, snacks help schools build sales, participation. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p36
Focuses on the increase in menu selections in the Bethlehem Area School District in Pennsylvania which strengthened food service sales and customer participation. Daily entrees available to students; Availability of snack stations in the secondary school cafeterias; Role of on-site food...
- Chartwells opens marketplace cafe at Northeastern U residence hall. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/25/99, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p21
Reports the opening of Stetson East Marketplace cafeteria by Chartwells in the Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. Implications of the facility and service for students, faculty and staff; Introduction of the Profiler Plan allowing pre-purchase of meals; Award garnered by the...
- CHARTWELL'S/COMPASS GROUP. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/07/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p108
Focuses on the selection of Chartwells Educational Dining Services in the best on-site menu category of the 2001 MenuMasters Award. Development of vegetarian dishes for school cafeterias in the United States; Flexibility of the menus to address the students' needs; Evaluation of the feedback on...
- Chartwells Teams With Chain: Harlon's BBQ now on campus. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p26
Announces Chartwells Educational Dining Services' introduction of the Harlon's Barbecue concept to the University of Houston in Texas. Comment from Steve Sweeney, president of Chartwells.
- CHARTWELL'S TERRA VE: Contractor keeps pace with fast-moving vegetarian trend. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p86
Reports on the Terra Ve vegetarian program of Chartwells at the University of Miami in Florida. Reasons for developing the program; Side dishes offered under the program; What Terra Ve program consists of.
- Chartwells School Dining Services. KRAMER, LOUISE // Nation's Restaurant News;5/7/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p62
The article features the Balanced Choices program of Chartwells School Dining Services, a division of Compass Group headquartered in Rye Brook, New York. According to the article, the school has a mission to help schools serve students healthful, balanced meals in an effort to address childhood...
- Unlucky Charms at Lunch. Mcginn, Daniel; Popescu, Roxana // Newsweek;10/22/2007, Vol. 150 Issue 17, p15
The article reports on the appearance of sugar-loaded cereals in U.S. public school student cafeterias. Lunch catering companies such as Chartwells School Dining Services, which serve Lucky Charms, Rice Krispies, and Raisin Bran, insist the cereals are nutritious and vitamin-fortified. Critics,...
- Directory of Food Service Firms. // School Administrator;Sep2004, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p37
Presents information on food service companies that cater to schools in the U.S. Chartwells School Dining Services; Aramark School Support Services; Sodexho School Services.