Sourcing smart, cooking right
- MILWAUKEE. // Restaurant Business;Apr2008, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p18
The article reviews several restaurants including Dream Dance, Butch's Old Casino Steakhouse and Kopp's Frozen Custard, located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Swap Meat. McKinnon, Michael // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jun2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p16
The article highlights developments relevant to proper cooking techniques for meat. Most restaurants in Canada have recognized the importance of serving steak at the perfect doneness and which avoids overcooking. Existing menus also feature more variety in the cuts offered by restaurants,...
- Making the Cut. KIRTS, TERRY // Indianapolis Monthly;Jan2015, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p49
The article offers information on some requirements to help get the most flavor for the steakhouse including the lean cut taken from the tapered end of the tenderloin, the meat cut from the short loin, and the New York strip is the popular cut from the short loin.
- Lunch With Augie Baca. D. M. // Albuquerque: The Magazine;Sep2011, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p248
The article features Augie Baca, meat cutter at the Monte Carlo Steakhouse in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He cites the reasons why he prefers a New York strip, one of which is that it cooks fast. He talks about how he shifted from being a diesel mechanic to being a cook. According to him, he has...
- MAKING THE CUT. // Meat Trades Journal;9/13/2013, p18
The article focuses on the premium chuck steak burger which is one of the ranges of cut-specific premium-quality burgers in the product development initiative of meat company Eblex. According to Eblex, the use of good-quality chuck trim to provide premium chuck steak burger can result to margin...
- Shula's steaks score high but prices do, too. Fitzmorris, Tom // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p12
The article features Shula's Steak House in New Orleans, Louisiana. The restaurant was named after Don Shula, the famous National Football League Hall of Fame coach. Photos, Super Bowl trophies and other NFL memorabilia are displayed in the dining room. The price of the steak hover near $40 and...
- Ft. Lee offers alternative to high steaks game in NY. Lape, Bob // Crain's New York Business;03/19/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p17
Features the Manhattan Steak House, a restaurant owned by Jamie Hoyos and John Cory Jr. in New York, New York. Interior decoration; Prices of meals; Salad and appetizer offerings of the restaurant; Service at the establishment.
- All that sizzles. Scott, Liz // New Orleans Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p14
Presents information on the Crescent City Steak House restaurant and other steakhouses located at North Broad Street in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- CRESCENT CITY STEAK HOUSE. Wisdom, Maria K. // New Orleans Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p20
Evaluates the Crescent City Steak House restaurant in New Orleans, Louisiana.