New cuts to cut costs
- Going for Growth. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p52
The article offers information on how the decision of the foodservice department of Unified School District in Scottsdale, Arizona to began outside catering has helped the district generate extra revenue. Some of the catering clients have decided to participate in the National School Lunch...
- MAKING THOSE MARGINS. // Meat Trades Journal;8/2/2013, p21
The article offers tips from the meat producer Eblex Ltd. on how to deliver significant margin uplift using seam butchery techniques in Great Britain.
- AGED PRIME RIB. Marie, Hubert // New York;9/18/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p65
The article presents an instruction in preparing for an aged prime rib.
- INCREASED INTEREST EXPENSE AND MANAGEMENT'S EXPENSE PREFERENCE BEHAVIOUR OF PUBLICLY-TRADED RESTAURANT FIRMS. Upneja, Arun; Dalbor, Michael; Hua, Nan; Repetti, Toni // Journal of Services Research;Apr2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p69
The purpose of this research was to examine whether or not firms in a less-regulated industry with high competition exhibit expense preference behaviour, originally posited by Williamson (1963) with regards to interest expense. We used the restaurant industry to examine this issue because the...
- Being There. Caira, Rosanna // Foodservice & Hospitality;Oct2010, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p2
The article focuses on the move of foodservice operators to hire effective employees. It states that human resource departments have emphasized the importance of compensating employees with a competitive salary package, and established low profit margins to recover business losses caused by...
- You can't manage what you can't see. Schwartz, Bill // Casino Journal;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p16
The article offers tips for improving cost control in food and beverage departments in casinos. The author suggests that kitchen manager must determine the things that are dumped into the drain which can be still be useful. He highlights the importance of utilizing clear Lexan bins in the...
- Value vs. Volume. Steve; Trusty, Suz // Grounds Maintenance;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, pC2
The article presents suggestions for customizing a business plan to maximize profit potential. The first step to determining the best plan for operations is to figure out which services the company is best suited to offer. Then match those services to the client base that desires them and is...
- Sourcing smart, cooking right. // FoodService Director;6/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, pF5
The article offers information on how the New York City bistro Steak Frites was able to improve its margins by replacing some of its Australian beef entrees with steaks sourced in the U.S. Executive chef Adam Greenberg's signature Steak Frites features the classic hanger steak, a cut that hangs...
- A Cut Above. Gerhenson, Gabriella // Saveur;Oct2011, Issue 141, p100
The article focuses on the cut of meat used in cooking such as the flanken ribs which is considered as the ideal cut, beef spare ribs, ideal for barbecue and English cut short rib.