Farmer's Market Makeover
- Producers sought to market to drivers. // Farm & Dairy;3/27/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 27, pB3
The article focuses on the Pennsylvania Turnpike Plaza Farmers Market program which enable farmers to sell their locally-growth products at farmers markets in Pennsylvania.
- In Brief. // Projection, Lights & Staging News;Oct2010, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the projection lights and staging industry in the U.S. including the potentiality of White Light to be one of the six finalist for the Best Green Business awards category for the 2010 Merton Business Awards, the use of the Cast Software Ltd.'s Vivien...
- Rice farmers hopeful over TPP market. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;7/17/2013, p2
The article focuses on the expectations of California producers that the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) will open the market even more as Japanese negotiators join the latest round of TPP talks held in Malaysia through July 25, 2013.
- Rhodes to take over Tower 42. Wood, Joanna // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/2/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4293, p6
Reports on a partnership between chef Gary Rhodes and Restaurant Associates regarding the Tower 42 restaurant in London, England. Background on the restaurant; Terms of the partnership; Plans of Restaurant Associates for the restaurant.
- Munich Market. // National Geographic;Sep2008, Vol. 214 Issue 3, p38
This article discusses a farmers' market called Viktualienmarkt in Munich, Germany. Goods offered include organic produce, dairy products, and local game. It is stated that sales of organic foods in Germany have tripled between 1998 and 2008, with the country facing a shortage of organic foods...
- ASAP guide takes the guesswork out of buying local. // Smoky Mountain Living;Jun/Jul2014, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p30
The article reports on the release by the Appalachian Sustainable Agricultural Project (ASAP) of their 2014 Local Food Guide to help local food lovers find and support farmers' markets, local food-serving restaurants, and roadside stands.
- Economic Growth. Zyman, Jennifer // Atlanta;May2008, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p74
The article offers information on farmers' markets, the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) programs, and restaurants using local products in Atlanta, Georgia. It describes several farmers' markets, which stock produce from local farms, including Decatur Organic Farmers Market, Fairburn...
- Untitled. // Farmers Weekly;9/12/2008, p30
The author reflects on eating seasonal local produce in Great Britain. According to the author, it has been a part of the rural life of farming families to eat local produce. The author asserted that some people buy the cheapest food because of lack of money, time and opportunity. It is noted...
- USDA: Farmers markets are booming. // Food & Environment Electronic Digest;Sep2010, p3
The article provides information on new figures released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) which shows continued expansion of local farmers' markets in the U.S. It informs that according to the USDA's latest Farmers Market Directory, more than 6,000 markets offer fresh, locally grown,...