- AT MEDICAL UNIVERSITY: Communication, teamwork help chef keep control. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p134
Reports on the importance of teamwork and communication in making a food service operation successful according to Elijah Green Jr., executive chef at the University of Medicine and Dentistry in Newark, New Jersey. Implementation of menu changes; Background of his career; Changes instituted at...
- People Person. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;4/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p18
The article features Betty Perez, the director of food and nutrition services at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-The University Hospital (UMDNJ) in Newark, New Jersey. She earned her Bachelor of Science in dietetics from Oneonta State University College. She was born and...
- Betty Perez. Lawn, John // Food Management;May2009, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p32
The article offers a brief account of Betty Perez, director of food and nutrition services at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Newark. Perez has gained the Silver Plate as the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's (IFMA) 2009 Operator of the Year in the...
- A Lifetime of Learning. // Food Management;May2009, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p32
The article presents a brief description regarding Betty Perez, director of food and nutrition services at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. Perez notes that she got her permanent job as an administrative senior staff dietitian dealing with foodservice management. She...
- Cost or benefit. // Business News New Jersey;3/6/96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p42
Reports that the Newark-based University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey has compiled a report examining its financial impact on the state in 1994. President Stanley S. Bergen's report on taxpayer support.
- Contentious bargaining for New Jersey medical faculty. Mauer, Michael // Academe;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the challenges faced by the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey administration. Impact of the university's bylaws; Identification of these challenges; Description of the measures to be implemented; Comments from Henry Edinger, chief negotiator of the faculty.
- grapevine. // njbiz;2/21/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p11
This section offers news briefs concerning the business sector of New Jersey, which includes the planned restructuring of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ), issues about the pace of polluted site remediation programs, and budget concerns of business advocates.
- New Jersey Med School Downgraded. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31343, p1
Reports the sale of University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey to fund capital programs. Significance of sale for reduction of debt of the institution; Reduction of rating on public university by Standard & Poor's; Amount of the school for sale.
- Med School Affirmation. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;7/11/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33546, p9
The article reports on the affirmation of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey's (UMDNJ) stable outlook and A-minus rating in Newark by Fitch Ratings Ltd.