PRIVATE POWER GROWTH SURGES
Tags: POWER plants
- Zhuhai power project. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;May95, p9
Reports on the approval for a power project in the southern Chinese city of Zhuhai.
- Weather and pollution abatement costs. Leightner, Jonathan E.; Lovell, C.A. Knox // Energy Journal;1998, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p165
Presents a unique data set containing information on the production activities and the resulting sulfur dioxide concentrations within the vicinity of Mae Moh Power Plant in Thailand. Peak status of sulfur dioxide concentrations between November and February; Attempt made by the plant to abate...
- Plants, soil-and smog // Ecos;Spring1989, Issue 61, p17
No abstract available.
- Nipsco's Bailly wins Powerplant Award. // Electrical World;Jul93, Vol. 207 Issue 7, p28
Reports on the 1993 Powerplant Award given to the Northern Indiana Public Service Co.'s Bailly generating station. POWER magazine award; Flue-gas desulfurization; Technical details.
- Egypt. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/6/96, Vol. 40 Issue 36, p19
Focuses on the World Bank's proposal to use its revised guarantee program to help develop a build-own-operate-transfer (BOOT) thermal power station project in the Delta region in Egypt. Details of the program; Features of the power plant.
- Saudi Arabia. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/25/96, Vol. 40 Issue 43, p30
Focuses on the scheduled holding of a pre-bid meeting on October 21, 1996 for companies interested in bidding for the construction of the grassroots Shuaiba, Saudi Arabia power station and associated facilities. International companies that bought tender documents; Features of the power...
- Will Britain come clean with coal-fired power stations? Milne, R. // New Scientist;2/1/92, Vol. 133 Issue 1806, p27
Reports on a consortium of British companies that is planning what could be the world's most thermally efficient and least polluting coal-fired power station. The three companies involved; Description of the technique; Competition it faces.
- Field notes. // Power Engineering;Feb96, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p49
Focuses on the operations of three power plants. Thermal power plant in Massachusetts; Cleaning and maintenance of heat exchange coolers in Virginia Power's Mount Storm plant.; Use of high-pressure piping system in Schkopau power station in Germany.
- Automatic gate positioner protects Truman hydro plant. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Jul96, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on the use of wicket gates to protect the Harry S. Truman Power plant in west central Missouri. Plant operations; Limit setpoints.
- Valve selection is competitive key for Heber Station. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Jul96, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p42
Focuses on the operations of the Heber Power Station in El Centro, California. Plant description; Valves; Comments from plant manager Jerry Brock.