Trans World Invests In Brick-And-Mortar
- newsline . . . // Billboard;08/19/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 34, p102
Presents various music-related news briefs, as of August 19, 2000. Examination of a proposed acquisition by Vivendi of Seagram; Promotion of Mark T. Gilman to president of the new-media division at Blockbuster Inc.; Success experienced by Trans World Entertainment Corp.; Others.
- Trans World enjoys healthy 2nd quarter. Jeffrey, Don // Billboard;08/30/97, Vol. 109 Issue 35, p73
Reports the fourth quarter figures for Trans World Entertainment. Total sales for the quarter, which ended August 2, 1997; Breakdown of sales and other figures; Stores operated by the large music chain, including Record Town, Coconuts Music and Movies, Saturday Matineee, and F.Y.E.
- TRANS WORLD HOLIDAY SALES 'DISAPPOINTING'. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/7/2007, p1
The article presents information related to a 20% drop in same-store comparable sales and a 7% decline in units sold for Albany, New York-based Trans World Entertainment Corp. during the nine-week holiday shopping period in November and December 2006. It happened due to a downward pricing among...
- Tech talk. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/29/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 124, p12
Presents news briefs related to the retail industry as of December 29, 1999. Includes Trans World Entertainment Corp.'s opening of service to accept returns of merchandise purchased from its electronic commerce site; Results of Mainspring and Bain & Co.'s study of the online retail sector; Saks...
- Trans World Widens Q3 Loss. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;11/25/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p4
The article reports on the net loss of 3.3 million dollars posted by retailer Trans World Entertainment in the third quarter of 2013.
- Trans world has record net income for quarter. Taylor, Chuck // Billboard;03/04/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the financial performance of music/video retailer Trans World Entertainment Corp. for the quarter ending January 29, 2000. Increase in net income and sales; Attribution of the improved performance to the company's purchase and operation of the Camelot music stores.
- Trans World Puts $35M Into E-Works. Christman, Ed // Billboard;5/25/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 21, p53
Reports on the plans of Trans World Entertainment to spend $35 million on its e-works initiative, an in-store kiosk/listening and viewing station. Net income of the company in 2001; Effect of music and motion pictures on sales at the company; Stores owned by the company.
- On The Rebound. CHRISTMAN, ED // Billboard;2/18/2012, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses the improving financial state of entertainment retail chain Trans World Entertainment, with the author explaining that the company could report a profit for its operations in 2011.
- Trans World Posts Big 1st-Qtr. Gain. CHRISTMAN, Ed // Billboard;05/27/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 22, p119
Reports on the financial results of music retailer Trans World Entertainment for its fiscal quarter ending April 29, 2000. Outlook for the impact of the elimination of minimum advertised price (MAP) policies on future earnings; Factors affecting the chain's decrease in gross profit; Plans of...