Try harder-take a risk
- John Lewis in hunt for Greenbee shop. Billings, Claire // Campaign (UK);7/20/2007, Issue 29, p3
The article reports on the search by John Lewis Partnership (JLP) for an agency to handle the Â£3 million integrated account for Greenbee shop. Haystack was appointed to manage the process after the company approached agencies to promote the service to a wider audience. In addition, Greenbee...
- Festive fun in store? Waller, Dave // Management Today;Dec2008, p98
The article focuses on the seasonal game-plan rolled out at John Lewis Partnership PLC's flagship branch. The author notes that there is nowhere more harrowing to work than Oxford Street during the Christmas rush. Personnel manager at John Lewis' flagship store, Stewart Dawson, talks about...
- JOHN LEWIS PARTNERSHIP. // Campaign;12/10/2010, Issue 49, p15
The article offers information on the financial performance of two advertising strategies, John Lewis Partnership PLC and Waitrose Ltd. in 2010. It states that the gross sales at the latter were up 11% to 2.4 billion pounds, while the former boasted an increase of 14.5% and a growth in operation...
- John Lewis hollow price promise. Mitchell, Alan // Marketing Week;12/4/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 49, p67
The article presents the author's views regarding the changes in the way of trading of John Lewis Partnership PLC. He states that various reasons like the increasing prices, unsatisfactory customer services and misleading financial metrics by John Lewis made him develop a dislike for the brand...
- There's `no holding JLP' as turnover climbs 14%. // Cabinet Maker;02/27/98, Issue 5077, p4
Reports on a 14 percent increase in the sales of furniture at John Lewis Partnership (JLP) as of the quarter ending February 7, 1998. Remarks from Nigel Brotherton, assistant director of trading; JLP's group store performance.
- JLP cautious, despite 15% increase in furniture sales. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;03/20/98, Issue 5080, p5
Reports on the growth of John Lewis Partnership's furniture sales in 1997. Outlets registering the highest sales; Comments from firm official, Stuart Hampson.
- JLP sales up. // Housewares;Sep95, Issue 121, p6
Reports that the sales of John Lewis Partnership's china and glass increased in the 13 weeks that ended on July 13, 1995.
- JLP makes record profits. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Mar/Apr97, Issue 133, p4
Reports on the 1996 performance success of the department store group, John Lewis Partnership (JLP). Statistics of JLP's pre-tax profits in 1996 to January 25, 1997; Comments of Stuart Hampson on the company's success; Basis of JLP's 1996 success; Warning of Hampson to JLP's partners and...
- Furniture sales jump 11.6% at JLP. // Cabinet Maker;11/21/97, Issue 5065, p6
Reports on an 11.6 percent increase in furniture sales at John Lewis Partnership.