Cards on the table
- NET BRIEFS. Robins, Andrew // Electronic Media;01/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p22
Reports on developments concerning the Internet industry of the United States as of January 29, 2001. Implementation of a management scheme for Web service provider America Online; Selection of RightNow Technologies as the provider of customer support services for Live365.com's Web services.
- Full speed ahead. Blackie, Tony // BRW;2/15/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p49
The article profiles Chris Hancock, chief executive officer of Australia's Academic and Research Network (AARNet) in 2007. It includes background information on Hancock and his career as an executive in the Internet industry, as well as his views on Internet technology and the firm's growth...
- STOCK MARKET BRIEFCASE. // Business News New Jersey;8/7/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p14
Reports developments related to business and the stock market in New Jersey as of August 2001. Financial report of Princeton-based telephone, and high-speed Internet access provider RCN; Effects of corporate cutbacks on business travel on the hotel industry; Resignation of Robert A. Lutz as...
- WHISPERS. // Inter@ctive Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p64
Presents news briefs on Internet service providers (ISP) as of March 13, 2000. Resignation of Stan Hanks as vice president of engineering of Enron Broadband Services; Initial public offering of iPass; Data facilities to be built by Globix.
- Help wanted: experienced board directors. Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;10/9/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p1
Reports the resignations of board of directors of Internet companies in the United States. Impact of the resignations on investments and business partnerships; Implications of the resignations to members outside the board; Considerations in the selection and appointment of directors.
- NY area Internet service providers. // Crain's New York Business;01/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p35
Presents a list of Internet service providers in New York City as of January 30, 2000. Company name; Business location; Web address; Area codes served; Services offered; Business customers; Key clients; Year founded.
- Net services multiply despite crowded market. McDonald, Michael // Crain's New York Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p25
Reports on the emergence of independent Internet service providers (ISP) in New York in 2000. Concentration of independent ISP on specialized niches, serving small businesses rather than competing with big players for the consumer market; Factors that make the ISP market as especially difficult...
- Lights. Camera. Streaming. Jakel, Peter // Satellite Broadband;Jan2001, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p20
Deals with the efforts of Internet service providers to use satellite capacity to meet the demands in Internet service. Major goal of Internet service providers; Strategy used by Edgix and Akamai to deliver streaming content to the edge; Views on the convergence of television and the Internet.
- Las Vegas Internet service providers. // Las Vegas Business Press;08/30/99, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p28
Presents a list of Internet service providers in Las Vegas, Nevada ranked by number of local subscribers. Includes Cox Communications; @Wizard.com; Las Vegas Internet.