Be different to succeed, says JLP chief
- FFINTO targets managers. // Cabinet Maker;7/22/2005, Issue 5448, p5
The article reports that the Furniture, Furnishings and Interiors National Training Organisation (FFINTO) considered better management as the foundation of its strategy for the industry in Great Britain. Jackie Bazeley, FFINTO CEO, asserted that better management is crucial for the industry to...
- Universal taps Chrisley, promotes 2 to VP posts. // Furniture/Today;11/26/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p2
Reports the promotions made by Universal Furniture, a case goods importer on its employees in the United States. Assumption of Randy Chrisley as the Senior Vice-President of sales and marketing; Employment background of Chrisley; Promotions made to Joe Keveryn and Virginia Bremer.
- How to Make 2000 Your Best Year Ever. Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Nov99, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p85
Discusses management issues facing furniture companies in year 2000. Report of the American Management Association; Case study on a mid-western furniture company; Reaction of companies to the challenges.
- Pennsylvania House gets back to basics. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;6/3/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p1
Reports the management changes in Pennsylvania House furniture company. Quality of products; Effectiveness of sourcing; Growth in gallery distribution.
- Contract move for Newplan. Westphal // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p4
Discloses furniture manufacturer Newplan's plan to enter the contract sector as part of a series of initiatives launched since sales director Robert Hassell's entry into the firm.
- Q&A. // Cabinet Maker;06/12/98, Issue 5092, p6
Responds to inquiries related to the management of furniture companies in Great Britain. Dealing with customer complaints about beds; Provision of the Supply of Goods Act.
- Q&A your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;03/05/99, Issue 5128, p5
Answers questions related to the furniture industry. Complaints by customers on tuft retainers on a mattress; Problems in dealing with errors made by sales staff; Problems in delivering a bed through a customer's upstairs window.
- Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst. Metz, Jerry // Wood & Wood Products;Oct99, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p27
Gives advice on what furniture companies should do in the year 2000. Tips in finding employees; Advice to bosses; Importance of partnerships.
- The national buy. Quinlan, Maria // Buildings;Sep97, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p36
Discusses how national furniture suppliers offer greater centralized control and single-source pricing advantages to corporate purchasing managers. How to solve difficulties and challenges in standardizing the interiors of expanding number of facilities; How to benefit from contract pricing on...