your questions answered
- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;01/08/99, Issue 5120, p5
Responds to questions concerning the furniture trade in Great Britain. Durability of Nubuck leather; Anti-stain treatments; Product guarantees.
- Q+A. // Cabinet Maker;7/19/2002, Issue 5296, p4
Answers questions related to the furniture industry. Characteristics of patchy leather; Legal issues involving product liability.
- PRODUCT LIABILITY: WATCH OUT FOR HIDDEN RISKS. RUSSELL, THOMAS // Furniture/Today;5/5/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 35, p23
The article discusses the views of Karl Sherrill, a product liability insurance expert, on product liability during the Furniture Today Regulation and Compliance held at High Point in North Carolina on April 23, 2014.
- Keeping up with change. Harbatkin, Lisa // Wood Digest;Jan2005, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p17
The article discusses the importance of keeping up with changes in the furniture business. Cabinet and residential and commercial furniture manufacturers confront faster product cycles and more varied tastes and demand patterns. Manufacturers in the different sectors note a growing need to work...
- Valley Planing Mill combines flexibility, diversity, technology. Ehle, Steve // Wood Digest;Jan2005, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p21
The article presents a discussion on the way Valley Planing Mill Inc. of Appleton, Wisconsin, carries its business. Valley Planing Mill Inc. specializes in custom millwork--including mouldings, crown coves, chair rails, stair parts and standard through high-end panel doors. But the company also...
- Bedding warranties: Mention or not? Perry, David // Furniture/Today;4/17/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p88
The article discusses insights about bedding warranties. It notes that warranties have been the topic of some controversy in the industry. It is important to know that warranties are not guarantees of useful product life as what consumers perceive it. Rather, warranties spell out the period of...
- China will 'solve' furniture problems. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;10/12/2007, Issue 5559, p3
The article reports on the agreement won by Madeleine Moon in investigating dangerous Chinese furniture entering Great Britain. Moon, All-Party Furniture Industry Group chairwoman, explains that they coordinated with the Chinese authorities and other organizations in accumulating information...
- Views. Davies, Shaun // Cabinet Maker;4/4/2008, Issue 5582, p7
The author reflects on the significance of corporate public relations to product fault. In the realm of the furniture industry, the author says that manufacturers should take direct control in dealing with dissatisfied customers to solve problems with product failure. In this way, manufacturers...
- AH FA hosting flammability session March 1. // Furniture/Today;12/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p30
The article presents information on the hosting of flammability session for the furniture industry. With the development of new federal flammability standards for upholstered furniture, mattresses and bed clothing under way in Washington, the American Home Furnishings Alliance (AHFA) has slated...