Frozen in the Headlights: The Dynamics of Women and Money
- Life-Cycle Investing Is Rolling Our Way. Hogan, Paula H. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p46
â€¢ Drawing on 1950s models, the financial planning community uses mainly precautionary savings and diversification strategies to manage personal wealth. But financial economists and many others in the financial services industry have moved on to a new paradigm known as life-cycle investing....
- personal financial planning (PFP). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p207
Information on personal financial planning (PFP) is presented. It is a commercially provided advice on the financial affairs of individuals looked at as a whole, but with emphasis upon pensions, life assurance, taxation and investment. It also aims to make provision for contingencies including...
- 529 plans. Harrington, Cynthia // Accounting Today;6/21/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p20
Discusses the growth of 529 personal savings plan in the U.S. Growth of state savings plans during the first quarter of 2004; Factors that influenced the growth of 529; Features of the financial plans offered by states in the U.S.; Confusion experienced by financial advisors on the different...
- THE CASE FOR PORTABLE ALPHA. Warner, Joan // Financial Planning;Feb2006, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p48
Focuses on the growing popularity of the investment product called portable alpha. Mechanism of portable alpha's function; Significance of portable alpha for investors; Challenges in selling portable alpha products. INSET: HOW PORTABLE ALPHA WORKS.
- Financially fit for life. Murphy, Patrick // Money Marketing;3/30/2006, p56
The article gives advice on how to find a financial adviser who provides an excellent ongoing service. It first discusses the difference between financial advice and financial planning. It then discusses the different areas that should be covered in conducting a comprehensive annual financial...
- On the plus side. O'Reilly, David // Money Management;11/14/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p19
The article provides an overview of the financial planning industry in Australia in 2013. It highlights several significant factors in the country's financial services market which include competition, innovation, and investment. Information concerning the Future of Financial Advice (FOFA)...
- CE Quiz November 2004. // Financial Planning;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p172
Presents a quiz about investments and financial planning.
- Enhancing Your Practice. Straus, David // Advisor Today;Apr2004, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p52
Suggests ways to sell estate planning and financial planning products and services. Need to explore the financial product and service needs of clients; Considerations in putting together an estate planning team.
- Correspondent's Week. Dunn, Sam // Money Marketing;5/13/2004, p37
Describes the author's efforts to explain his reason for becoming a personal finance journalist. Services provided by finance journalists; Passion shown by finance advisers to their investment products.