ASPs to the Rescue?
- Certified Expert: Working as an ERP Professional. Tittel, Ed // Certification Magazine;May2003, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and the need of IT professionals for ERP certification. Background on ERP; Information on several ERP product or service providers; Details of the Certified Implementer of Enterprise Resource Planning credential from Communicating Integrated...
- The Choke Hold. McKean, Kevin // InfoWorld;11/17/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p10
Comments on issues related to application service providers (ASP). Value proposition of ASP; Difference of ASP-based solutions with enterprise software.
- add it up. // CRN;9/13/2004, Issue 1112, p6
Provides a brief account of federal spending projections for enterprise resource planning products and services in the U.S. in fiscal year 2009. Factors affecting the federal market change.
- The Right Questions to Ask Online Technology Providers. Bhagat, Vinay // Nonprofit World;May/Jun2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p28
Provides tips in the selection of Application Service Providers (ASP) which will cater to the technology needs of nonprofit organizations. Significance of an ASP on the business operations of nonprofit organizations; Criteria that should be taken into account in the selection of an ASP; Need to...
- 10 TECHNOLOGIES TO TRACK. Diana, Alison // eWeek;11/27/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 47, Special section p9
The article talks about the solution providers' looking forward with the variety of products and technologies that invariably carry the promise of higher profits. Accordingly, the solution providers that stay current with emerging technologies become better equipped to help their customers use...
- When value outweighs price: IT EXECUTIVES DOWNPLAY THE IMPORTANCE OF PRICE WHEN HIRING SOLUTION PROVIDERS. // eWeek;4/21/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p18
The article features the survey conducted by Ziff Davis Enterprise on the importance of value when hiring solution provider in the U.S. Survey reveals that 62% of 245 respondents cited "best value for the money" as an influential factor when selecting a solution provider while only 12% cited low...
- putting down ROOTS. Zarley, Craig; Burke, Steve // CRN;10/30/2006, Issue 1218, p18
The article reports on the emerging technology vendors that works directly with solution providers in the U.S. New entrants technology vendor have collectively represents the cutting-edge research and development of the information technology (IT). However, new companies with new technologies...
- IT services: don't forget the little guys. // MarketWatch: Technology;July 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the tendency of information services providers to work with a number of best of breed or niche suppliers on large contracts when outsourcing information technology services. Focus on the size and scope of major information technology services providers; Increase in the popularity of...
- I-MANAGERS SEE BIG RETURNS FROM ASPs. Duvall, Mel // Interactive Week;10/15/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p22
Reports on survey results on the investment returns of application service providers in the U.S. Delay of investments on IT initiatives; Market growth forecast in 2005; Implementation of problems on travel and expense management.