- Flexible working policy rings in rewards for BT. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;9/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p11
Looks at the work-life balance policies at the British Telecom company. Benefits of the policies; Reasons for widening its work-life balance policies in 1998; Information on its Freedom to work program.
- Cost cutting masks BT's covert mission. O'Reilly, Noel // Personnel Today;5/21/2002, p4
Reports the successful human resource strategies of BT in Great Britain. Improvement of the accounting system; Initiation of progressive initiatives; Establishment of benchmarking.
- BT aims to make HR central to strategy. Doke, DeeDee // Personnel Today;1/7/2003, p6
Reports on the plan of BT to consolidate its business in the year 2003. Development of ways to increase human resource's (HR) strategic sense; Concept of director Alex Wilson regarding HR; Views of Wilson on company's HR team.
- BT aims to push women upwards. // Personnel Today;9/9/2003, p3
British Telecommunications PLC (BT) has launched a network designed to promote women into top management positions. The Women's Executive Network is the latest in a raft of initiatives designed to boost the number of women in senior posts year-on-year. Caroline Waters, BT's people networks...
- CONFERENCE IN BRIEF. // People Management;11/11/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p9
Deals with the latest developments in human resources management of different companies in Great Britain as of November 2004. Experience of Joe Simpson descending the remote Siula Grande mountain in Peru; Description of contact centers opened by BT Retail in India; Information on a total reward...
- Schemes can be a bad suggestion. Hope, Katie // People Management;11/11/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p17
Focuses on research conducted by Reed Consulting and "People Management" which revealed that suggestion schemes can demotivate employees and inhibit enterprise if not properly run. Reasons for failure of schemes; Percentage of executives and human resource (HR) professionals who believed they...
- Departure spurs top-level BT rejig. Day, Julia // Marketing Week;9/30/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p10
Focuses on the management restructuring implemented by BT UK. Departure of Ian Smith, managing director of BT UK Customer Services; Appointment of Patricia Vaz, BT UK business services director, as Smith's replacement; Responsibilities to be handled by Vaz in her capacity as managing director...
- BT saves Â£100,000 a month by ditching outsourced HR. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;2/14/2006, p4
The article presents information on the outsourcing of human resources (HR) services by BT Group PLC. BT Group has saved more than Â£100,000 a month since it brought many of its HR services back in-house last year, the telecoms company has revealed. The firm outsourced the majority of its...
- BT centralises lawyers, expands trainee intake. Moshinsky, Ben // Lawyer;12/15/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p3
The article reports on the process of BT Group PLC in overhauling to create central pools of lawyers in handling employment and regulation issues in Great Britain. It cites that the firm is seeking for a specialist to give advice to its various businesses. The reorganization of its lawyers will...