- Contributory fault in constructive dismissal. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Oct89, Vol. 104 Issue 1154, p50
Examines a court decision related to the law of unfair dismissal in Great Britain. Overview of the case; Requirements for constructive dismissal; Justification of the court's decision.
- IN BRIEF. // Employers Law;Nov2013, p8
The article offers news briefs related to various litigations involving labor laws in Great Britain including guarantee payments, constructive dismissal and frustration doctrine.
- The trouble with Tupe. Nickson, Sue // Financial Management;Sep2001, p16
Discusses the Employment Rights Act of 1996 of Great Britain. How and when the employees will not be able to make the legal claim of constructive dismissal; Scenarios where rights of employees are being exercised; Description of the case Pendragon versus Rossiter PLC; Review of the case Taylor...
- Time to make the right decisions. Charlton, John // Employers Law;Jun2012, p12
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff was dismissed due to age in Great Britain. Clarkson, Wright and Jakes former law partner Leslie Seldon claimed that his dismissal in December 2006 violated the provision of the Employment Equality Regulations 2006. The Act permits...
- Employee's duties: job description not paramount. // Accountancy;Feb2006, Vol. 137 Issue 1350, p109
The article reports that Great Britain's Employment Appeal Tribunal has ruled that when deciding on a constructive dismissal claim, the tribunal must look not only at an employee's job description, but at the actual duties performed. Redundancy may also be taken as an instance of constructive...
- Dismiss at your peril. Mordsley, Barry; Aikin, Olga // People Management;07/23/98, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p21
Looks at what employers can expect if they terminate contracts unfairly. Discussion on the unfair dismissal law in Great Britain; Implications of the Employment Rights (Dispute Resolution) Act 1998; Provision of the Fairness at Work regarding unfair dismissal.
- Take care with letters to staff. Janner, Greville // Accountancy;Nov85, Vol. 96 Issue 1107, p98
Discusses common practice relating to business letters for employee dismissal in Great Britain. Example of a termination letter; Review of personnel management law; Ways to avoid litigations resulting from dismissal letters.
- EDITOR'S COMMENT. O'Reilly, Noel // Employers Law;Jun2012, p3
The article discusses controversies pertaining to reforms of various employment laws in Great Britain including the no-fault dismissals and changes to the Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE) Directive.
- Linklaters' restructuring. O'Connor, Joanne // Lawyer;12/15/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p18
Looks on the restructuring of law firm Linklaters in Great Britain in 2003. Firm's decision to focus on corporate and finance work; Impact of the restructuring to the firm's real estate and construction departments; Estimated number of lawyers who resigned or dismissed.