Mixed army training criticised
- The Federal Service Academies. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p211
No abstract available.
- Answering the `why' of training: The hierarchy of tasks. O'Connor, Brian J. // Military Intelligence;Jan-Mar93, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p16
Describes a process for helping squad, platoon, and company officer identify tasks for unit training as well as the supporting relationship of that task to the battalion's Mission Essential Task List in the United States. Foundation for defining the battalion's training program.
- Effective GSR training. Colarusso, Michael; Sigler, Richard L. // Military Intelligence;Jan-Mar93, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p18
Deals with planning platoon training program in the United States. Using doctrine as a basis for training; Determining platoon collective tasks; Developing a hierarchy of tasks; Assessing training in the platoon; Productive working relationship between the platoon leader and the platoon sergeant.
- Training for an NTC rotation. Wallace, Mark R. // Military Intelligence;Jan-Mar93, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p23
Describes a military training technique that serves as a model for company teams preparing for a National Training Center rotation in the United States. Alpha Team's mission of providing the intelligence and electronic warfare support; Critical tasks of individual and collective training...
- Military training. // Defense;1995, Issue 5, p30
Presents information on the military training in the United States. Training loads; Training locations; Defense schools.
- JPME: Are we there yet? Skelton, Ike // Military Review;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p96
Reviews the implementation of recommendations made by the US House Armed Services Committee Panel on Military Education about joint professional military education (JPME). Joint education at the command and staff colleges; Military education in the 1930s and 1990s; Formal schooling; In-unit...
- TRADOC course cuts. // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Jul-Sep95, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p50
Reports on the announcement of the Army Vice chief of staff to reduce the number of positions and courses at the Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC). Courses affected; Includes TEMPEST testing; WIZARD maintenance; Impact of proposed cuts.
- ASI changes. // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Jul-Sep96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p58
Cites the change in title for ASI Course 2T, ETUT/TUT/THMT TENCAP Operations.
- Captains' Professional Military Education. // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Jul-Sep97, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p56
Reports on the development of a Captain Professional Military Education (CPT PME) program. Concern of US Army units over the disruption and turmoil caused by officer training absences to the Combined Arms and Services Staff School (CAS3); Significant changes to support the action;...
- Desert Shield deployment shows need for realistic training in harsh conditions. Lenorovitz, J.M. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/24/1990, Vol. 133 Issue 13, p50
Summarizes the lessons learned by United States forces during the first month of operation Desert Shield, including the need for realistic training in extreme operating conditions and the need for a flexible, long-term logistics network. Training; Housing; Feelings of isolation.