Barnardo's points the way to HR and marketing link-up
- Of many things. // America;11/28/1992, Vol. 167 Issue 17, p418
Recounts the author's experiences with a group of Catholic journalists at San Andres Itzapa, an immense and vigorous parish in the Indian highlands of Guatemala. Invited by the Christian Foundation for Children and Aging (CFCA); How it maintains volunteer programs for college graduates; The...
- Detroit summer. Boggs, Grace Lee // EPA Journal;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p53
Focuses on the activities of the Detroit, Michigan-based organization called Save Our Sons and Daughters. Organization of memorial services, marches and rallies; Formation of conflict resolution workshops and urban farm training programs for young people; Inspiration provided by the group to...
- Kids willing to make sacrifices. // USA Today Magazine;Apr93, Vol. 121 Issue 2575, p3
Cites a survey by Childreach (an organization that links caring people with needy children and their families in developing countries), which found a majority of American pre-teenagers are ready to take action to help the disadvantaged in the US and abroad even if it means making personal...
- A qualitative analysis of parents' and service coordinators' descriptions of variables that... Dinnebeil, Laurie A.; Hale, Lynette M. // Topics in Early Childhood Special Education;Fall96, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p322
Presents a qualitative analysis of parents' and service coordinators' descriptions of variables that influence collaborative relationships which are essential in successful early intervention efforts. Importance of interpersonal and communication skills; Microcounseling model.
- Perceptions regarding the IFSP process in a statewide interagency service coordination program. Farel, Anita M.; Shackelford, Jo // Topics in Early Childhood Special Education;Summer97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p234
Assesses the perceptions of Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) in a statewide survey of child service coordinators in North Carolina. Emergence of divergent viewpoints on the usefulness and the process of developing the IFSP; Implications of the findings for training professionals about...
- Report urges family strategy broader than school centers. Cohen, Deborah L. // Education Week;4/3/96, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p6
Highlights the proposals of a report titled `Putting the Pieces Together: Effective Communities for Children and Families: Report of the Working Group on Comprehensive Services.' Call for federal government to focus on coordinating its services for children better; Shared accountability for the...
- Building better childhood services. // Education Week;04/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p39
Presents a preview of the recommendations based on the report on improving services for children entitled `Quality 2000: Advancing Early Care and Education,' by Sharon Lynn Kagan, associate director of the Bush Center in Child Development and Social Policy at yale University.
- Big Sisters plans Mentor Awards. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 17 Issue 12, Most Influential... p7
Anticipates Big Sisters' Mentor Awards recognizing the importance of role models for girls and women. Criteria selection.
- Children's advocates put forward a contract of their own. Cohen, Deborah L.; Sommerfeld, Meg // Education Week;1/11/95, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p22
Focuses on the move made by children's advocates to avoid budget-cutting on programs that aid children. Signing of `Contract with America's Children'; Ten pledges to support children in the areas of health, safety, parenting, family unity and education.
- Four area children's agencies hot combination dinner at West Point. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p26
Reports on the 18th annual dinner of four children's agencies serving the Hudson River Valley area in New York, scheduled on April 24, 1998. Theme of the event; Key speakers; Issues related to child services to be addressed at the event.