- Laptop computers unfold health and safety concerns. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/03/96, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p20
Reports on several health concerns on the use of laptop computers. Strains on the wrist due to the awkward position of the hand due to the smaller keyboard; Glare caused by the screen; Compression of the ulnar nerve due to leaning on the elbows; Strain on the neck and shoulders.
- Where does wireless work? Evans, Jim // Health Management Technology;Nov1997, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the use of wireless laptops by American health maintenance organizations as a cost-effective alternative to desktop computers. Documentation of medical care by Spartanburg Regional Health System; Implementation of wireless clinical computing at St. Clair Memorial Hospital; Acceptance...
- Ice pack with your laptop? // Telecom Asia;Nov2010, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p36
The article discusses illnesses caused by chronic computer use while focusing on a case of rare skin disease called the toasted skin syndrome.
- `Swiss-army' PC card has it all. Goldberg, Lee // Electronic Design;12/4/95, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p64I
Discusses the introduction of a number of laptop computers and other computer hardware.
- The bag man. Seglin, Jeffrey L. // Inc.;1998 Inc. Technology 4, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p37
Evaluates several laptop computers. Podeum Pro legtop case from Rach Inc.; Navicase from GoOfffice.com; Lapdog from Shaun Jackson Design.
- Notable notebooks. O'Donovan, Eamonn // Tech & Learning;May98, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p64
Presents information on various notebook computers. Features of the computers; Cost of some of the computers. INSET: Almost as powerful, not as heavy.
- Note worthy. Amadio, Jill // Entrepreneur;Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p62
Reports that laptop computers are gaining in popularity and dropping in price. Factors to consider when planning to purchase on; Some models available on the market; Drawbacks of laptops compared with standard computers.
- Guide to choosing notebook computer. Esch, Jim // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Jun96, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p3
Provides tips on selecting notebook computers. Important features to consider; Portability requirements; Meeting multiple-user needs; Top of the line models.
- Tips for the road warrior. Kruk, Leonard // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Sep96, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p3
Provides advice on how to protect laptop computers while traveling in the United States. Protection of laptops from theft; Protection from damage; Internal emergencies; Creation of a hard copy.