- Probe shows no link in fumes cases. de Lafuente, Della // Modern Healthcare;3/7/94, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the state and local officials' investigation of separate incidents in which workers at two California hospitals were overcome with fumes emitting from patients having heart attacks. Conclusion that the incidents were unrelated; Incidents at Mercy Hospital in Bakersfield and Riverside...
- High toll for adverse events in hospital. // Australian Nursing Journal;Jul97, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p34
Reports on the findings of a survey on the causes of adverse events in Melbourne hospitals in Victoria which harmed hospital patients. Complications in surgical or medical procedures; Adverse drug effects; Instrument failure.
- Hospital Roof Collapses in Bhopat, Injuring 8. // India -- West;5/3/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 24, pA33
The article informs that the roof of the Kasturba Gandhi Hospital in Bhopal, India has collapsed on April 26, 2013 in which eight people were injured and several people were rescued by a rescue team.
- Blaze at hospital in Halsall after machine breaks out in flames. // Operating Theatre Journal;Oct2010, Issue 241, p17
The article reports on a fire that broke out in the operating room of Renacres Hospital in Lancashire, England, on September 1, 2010.
- High price of free beds. Hirst, Judy // Public Finance;10/19/2001, p18
Focuses on the bed-blocking crisis on hospitals in Great britain. Failure of old and children management; Strategy of the government to minimize the problem; Funds needed for the remedy.
- Twisters send scores to hospitals; roof ripped off rural facility. Cys, Jane // AHA News;05/10/99, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p3
Deals with the tornado that hit Stroud Oklahoma Municipal Hospital. Details on the tornado; Effects of the tornado to the hospital; Information on how the hospital employees deal with the problem.
- A gaffing matter. // Men's Health;May97, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p146
Provides information about the study done by the Chicago-Kent College of Law about hospitals staffs unreported errors.
- The Hazards of Hospitalization. Schimmel, Elihu M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan64, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p100
Evaluates the hazards of hospitalization. Occurrence of occasional adverse reactions of advances in methods of diagnosis and treatment; Type and severity of hazardous episodes in hospitals; Manifestations and severity of reactions to therapeutic drugs.
- The Hospital. J.R.E. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan64, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p164
Focuses on the hazards of hospitalization. Incidence of untoward reactions and episodes that occurred accidentally in hospitals; Financial problem posed by the hospital that demands reduction in its use by patients to the end that income from prepaid insurance may approach the rapidly rising costs.