Ex-California speaker seeks treasurer's post
- Grecian War: State Treasurer Race a Battle Royale. Brennan, Peter // Orange County Business Journal;09/28/98, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p5
Focuses on the battle for California State Treasurer between Democratic Party candidate Phil Angelides and Republican Party challenger Curt Pringle. Financial support from real estate developers Alex Spanos and Angelo Tsakopoulos; Business experiences of Angelides and Pringle; Investment...
- Not Everyone on Board Pringle Train; Chile Sees Oakley. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;10/18/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p3
The article profiles Curt Pringle, mayor of Anaheim City, Orange County, California.
- California's Governor gives rare backing to Orange County's Pringle for treasurer. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;05/01/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30384, p44
Reports that California Governor Pete Wilson has endorsed Orange County republican Assemblyman Curt Pringle for state treasurer. Impact of the endorsement on Assemblyman Jan Goldsmith; Capabilities of Pringle and Goldsmith to become the state treasurer.
- Treasurer's race a battle between financial ideals. Brennan, Peter // San Diego Business Journal;09/28/98, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p11
Reports on the campaigns of Democrat challenger Phil Angelides and Republican candidate Curt Pringle for the position of state treasurer in California. Promises of each politician to their prospective constituents; Involvement of Greek financiers; Backgrounds of the candidates.
- New course in Sacramento. Weintraub, Daniel M. // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p28
Focuses Curt Pringle, House Speaker of California Assembly and his leadership in the House. Comparison with the speakership of Willie Brown; Revision by Pringle of the internal operations of the California Assembly; Roadblocks in Pringle's leadership.
- Big City Mayors Talk of Common County Vision. Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p3
Reports on a scheduled get-together of three city mayors of Orange County, California to outline their visions for the county on April 22, 2003. Meeting of Anaheim's Curt Pringle, Santa Ana's Miguel Pulido and Irvine's Larry Agran; Contrasting styles and circumstances of the mayors; Job growth...
- California Treasurer Candidates Clash Over School Funding, Voting Thresholds. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30496, p10
Focuses on the argument between California Treasurer candidates Curt Pringle and Phil Angelides over how the state would pay for its backlog of school construction needs. Pringle's opposition to the $9.2 billion bond authorization; Angelides' support for the proposed school-funding bond; Common...
- PERSON TO WATCH: CURT PRINGLE. Cain, Sandi // Orange County Business Journal;12/18/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p18
The article presents the author's views of the future performance of Anaheim, California Mayor Curt Pringle in his second term as a mayor. The mayor made his mark during his first term by promoting the redevelopment area called the Platinum Triangle. If developed as envisioned, this project is...
- Paine Remedy-One Day's Pay; Anaheim Capital of Safe Sex. RickReiff // Orange County Business Journal;10/18/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p3
Reports business developments in California as of October 2004. Consideration of Montage Resort and Spa as the leading resort in the U.S.; Enthusiasm of Mayor Curt Pringle resulting from the number one ranking of Anaheim for safe sex; Recruitment of foreign employees by the Samuels, Green, Steel...