Colorado parents allege violations in school funding
- Mo. School Board Sues To Claim Drug Money. Blair, Julie // Education Week;02/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p13
Focuses on the class action lawsuit filed by Kansas City, Missouri districts accusing the state's law-enforcement agencies of seizing drug money that rightfully belongs to the public schools. Comments from Lance Loewenstein, a Kansas City school board member; Information on the proposed...
- "Patient Capital": Can Delaware Corporate Law Help Revive It? Jacobs, Justice Jack B. // Washington & Lee Law Review;Winter2011, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p1645
The article patient capital, the term used to describe the investment in capital during the 'golden era' of American economic prosperity, accepted to be between 1945 through 1975. Topics include Delaware's corporate law regulations, executive director liability for wrongdoing, and the expansion...
- New Jersey Appeals Court Orders New Trial in School-Finance Case. Foster, Susan G. // Education Week;5/23/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 35, p5
The article reports on the unanimous decision of the three-judge panel of the Appellate Division of New Jersey Superior Court that a lower-court judge erred in his dismissal of a class action challenging the state's school finance law. The panel claimed that the dismissal was based on a...
- Continental Resources, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Continental Resources, Inc SWOT Analysis;Dec2013, p1
The article presents an analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) of U.S. crude oil and natural gas exploration and production company Continental Resources, Inc. as of December 2012. Among opportunities the author lists plans for capital expenditures and high...
- Furnace makers target plastic vent pipe failures. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Jun97, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p1
Reports on a lawsuit filed in Massachusetts against several manufacturers of plastic vent pipes by a number of furnace makers. Furnace manufacturers' claims against the manufacturers of these pipes; Charges of the lawsuit.
- Courts Challenged On Approval Of Class Action Suit Certifications Despite Geographic Diversities. // Insurance Advocate;3/31/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 13, p20
Reports on the efforts of Washington Legal Foundation to induce the Oklahoma Supreme Court to limit the certification of class action lawsuits despite geographic diversities. Application of the Michigan Law; Avoidance of the trial judge in unmanageability problem.
- `Sprawling' asbestos class loses certification. Goodman III, William F. // Defense Counsel Journal;Oct97, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p633
Discusses class actions on asbestos litigation under Rule 23. Requisites of Rule 23; Implications of the over-all tone of Justice Ginsburg's opinion; Heightening of the settlements standard.
- Tide turning for medical monitoring class actions? // Defense Counsel Journal;Jan1998, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p154
Discusses a case which demonstrated the unsettled nature of the law governing certification of medical monitoring class actions. Article written by D. Jeffrey Campbell and Anne K. No in the newsletter of the Toxic and Hazardous Substances Litigation; Details of the `Arch versus American Tobacco...
- An epistemological approach to class certification: A classy understanding of the problems of... Protos, Michael C. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Fall92, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p1297
Examines issues related to class certification in class action litigation. Common law adjudication and class actions; Theories of interest; Determination of appropriateness of class treatment; Analysis of judicial decisions.