North Carolina Power, Mississippi hospital bonds a cure for low yield `apathy'
- North Carolina Power Agency Sells $300M as Moody's Ups Its Outlook. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p4
Discusses the sale of $300 million low-investment grade bonds by the North Carolina Eastern Municipal Power Agency. Statistics related to the deal; Cause for the low ratings of the deal; Wholesale power costs of the agency being highlighted.
- Outlook Improves for Public Power Players in North Carolina. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31388, p3
No abstract available.
- NCEMPA: North Carolina Eastern Municipal Power Agency. // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p28A
Features the North Carolina Eastern Municipal Power Agency. Headquarters; Contact information; Top executives; Ratings and outlook; Total 1998 revenues; Bond issues.
- N.C. Eastern Municipal Power Preps for $550M Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;6/4/2015, p31
The article reports on the authorization received by North Carolina Eastern Municipal Power Agency from the state's Local Government Commission to issue taxable bonds for its asset sale to Duke University.
- N.C. Eastern Municipal Power to pay off outstanding bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;03/08/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30844, p6
Announces the payoff on outstanding bonds by North Carolina Eastern Municipal Power Agency. Usage of the funds to retire debt instead of power generation plant; Significance of the payoff on outstanding bonds of two municipal power agencies; Ways in covering stranded costs by power agencies to...
- N.C. Eastern Municipal Outlook Positive: Moody's. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;10/16/2014, p30
The article discusses the positive rating outlook Moody's Investors Service gave on the bonds of the North Carolina Eastern Municipal Power Agency (NCEMPA), also known as ElectriCities, citing the pending sale of its assets to Duke Energy Progess as the reason for the change in rating from...
- N.C. Eastern Municipal Power Agency to Sell Generation Assets for $1.2B. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/31/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34153, p1
The article reports on the plans of the North Carolina Eastern Municipal Power Agency (NCEMPA) to sell its generating assets that requires defeasing 1.87 billion dollars in outstanding revenue bonds. It mentions that nonprofit NCEMPA also specialized in providing wholesale power supply to its...
- North Carolina Eastern Power to Sell $230M, With a Rate Swap. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31886, p4
Reports on the plans of North Carolina Eastern Municipal Power Agency to sell refunding bonds in North Carolina. Efforts of the agency to strengthen its existing debt; Expectation for Citigroup Global Markets Holdings Inc. to price the deal which includes auction-rate securities; Use of the...
- N.C. Agencies. Power Up With $570M. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;9/10/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33181, p1
The article reports on the establishment of bond sales amounting to 570 million dollars by the North Carolina Eastern Municipal Power Agency and North Carolina Municipal Power Agency No. 1, two public power providers in North Carolina. Both agencies will refinance debt to avoid to raise high...