Increase in housing tax credit may help raise bond cap
- Editor's Introduction. Heywood, Andrew // Housing Finance International;Mar2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p4
An introduction to the issue is presented wherein the editor discusses various reports published within the issue, including topics on housing subsidies in Trinidad and Tobago, Islamic finance, and Spanish housing.
- The distribution of housing tax-expenditures and subsidies in an urban area. Walker, Bruce; Marsh, Alex // Urban Studies (Routledge);Nov93, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p1543
Examines distribution of housing tax-expenditures and subsidies among households in the owner-occupied and public-rented sectors in Birmingham, England. House price datas and micro-level data.
- Monitoring Russia's Experience with Housing Allowances. Struyk, Raymond J.; Puzanov, Alexander S.; Lee, Lisa A. // Urban Studies (Routledge);Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p1789
Summary. The implementation of housing allowances is an integral part of Russia's programme of systematic rent increases on state and municipal rental units which began in 1994. Because housing allowances constitute the country's first income-tested programme, its performance transcends the...
- (SECTION 8) New York City OK On Sec. 8 Withholding. // Aging News Alert;1/29/2010, p9
The article reports that according to a ruling by U.S. District Judge Sidney Stein, New York City will not have to reinstate 2,600 Sec. 8 housing vouchers that were recalled by the New York City Housing Authority in December 2009 due to shortage of federal subsidies.
- Mocking the middle class. Husock, Howard // Policy Review;Spring91, Issue 56, p65
Discusses the effects of housing subsidies in the United States. Socioeconomic issues; Reasons for federal housing subsidies; Profit motive for inexpensive housing; Ideology of public housing; Comparison between subsidy and deregulation.
- New Housing Allowance Guidelines Won't Result in Pay Cut. Wood, Sara // All Hands;Nov2005, Issue 1063, p9
Presents information regarding the new housing allowance guidelines that won't result in pay cut of the defense personnel of the United States Navy.
- The endlessly indulged would be better off if we forced them to straighten up. Sewell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/03/97, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p15
Comments on the need for the federal government to encourage recipients of housing subsidies in the United States to pay for their own housing expenses. Recommendation to supplement subsidies with programs that promote self-reliance; Importance of assuring taxpayers that the burden of...
- Glossary. // Review of Black Political Economy;Winter/Spring91, Vol. 19 Issue 3/4, p241
Describes federal housing subsidy programs featured in the winter/spring 1991 issue of `The Review of Black Political Economy.' Includes low-rent public housing program; Urban renewal program; Federal Housing Administration mortgage insurance programs; Community Development Block Grant program;...
- DoE may appeal to Lords over housing subsidy ruling. // Public Finance;03/07/97, p3
Focuses on the decision of England's environment department whether to appeal to the House of Lords over a housing subsidy ruling in London, England. Involvement of local authorities; Costs; Origin of the problem.