Indianapolis Colts and city strike a deal
- Colts seize Super moment. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/12/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p3
The article focuses on football team Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay's refusal to postpone or cancel the team post-Super Bowl parade on February 5, 2007. When city officials recommended Colts players to cruise the parade route in buses due to single-digit temperatures, Irsay ushered them onto...
- This sports writer's open letter to Jim Irsay â€¦. Benner, Bill // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p55A
The article presents an open letter from Bill Benner, associate director of communications for the Indianapolis Convention & Visitors Association, to Jim Irsay, owner of Indianapolis Colts. It points out that there is high hope for the football team in 2006. Irsay has been praised for his...
- Irsay to customers: I need your money. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/13/97, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p8
Highlights Jim Irsay's efforts to find financial support for the Indianapolis Colts football team. Suggestions for team seats; Talks with corporate executives and leaders; Background information on the team.
- Buy a season ticket, get a hug from Jim Irsay. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/29/96, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p2A
Reports on Jim Irsay's form letter urging residents of Indianapolis, Indiana to buy tickets for the games of the Indianapolis Colts football team in the 1996-1997 season.
- Irsay battled opponents on field, in court. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/29/97, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p38
Reports on problems experienced by Jim Irsay when he assumed the position of chief executive officer of the National Football League's (NFL) Indianapolis Colts in 1997 after the death of his father Bob. Court battle over the guardianship of the older Irsay; Mother Nancy Irsay's lawsuit claiming...
- A jam session with JIM IRSAY. Wertheim, L. Jon // Sports Illustrated;1/25/2010, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p56
The article focuses on Jim Irsay, owner of the Indianapolis Colts football team in the National Football League (NFL). Irsay is contrasted with the team's previous owner, his controversial father Robert. Irsay's hobby of rock music is discussed. Under Irsay's management, the Colts have become...
- BLAZING A TRAIL THROUGH TWITTER. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/19/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p1
The article focuses on Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay whose Twitter account had 64,948 followers as of September 15, 2011. It says that Irsay was taken by the potential of Twitter that he arranged a meeting with its chief executive officer (CEO), Dick Costolo, and other executives to talk...
- Indianapolis makes an offer to keep skittish Colts team from bolting. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;08/19/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30212, p2
Reports that Indianapolis, Indiana Mayor Stephen Goldsmith is offering the Indianapolis Colts football team monetary incentives to stay in the city. Reluctance of team officials to accept the offer; Sources of funds to be awarded to the Colts; Team's reasons for wanting to leave the city.
- Rain Delay. Balko, Radley // Reason;Feb2009, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p9
The article reports on the glitch in the new Lucas Oil Stadium which built for the Indianapolis Colts in Indiana. It states the claim of Colts owner Jim Irsay that his new stadium is one of those facilities with fancy retractable roofs. It highlights the necessary amount needed by the city to...